At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. Our group includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Wells Fargo Auto, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Default Servicing team engages, understands and advises consumer real estate customers of available solutions to resolve mortgage delinquencies.
The position will focus on the Mortgage Servicing portfolio and provide analytic solutions and strategic decisions in Wells Fargo's Consumer Lending Group (CLG).
Incumbent will be responsible for leading a team of highly skilled analytic consultants and executing highly complex activities related to business analysis and/or modeling. Duties typically include providing insights based on data driven analytics, developing analytical strategies, performing analytical support and/or modeling regarding default related business initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead by example to effectively manage the teamwork effort across different sites and talent pools.
- Design and implement complex analyses that may include data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Proactively work with business partners to define information needs and translate them into an analytical framework to support business strategies and projects.
- Provide thought leadership to transform data into information and strategic insight to assist leaders in decision-making for operational and process improvements to impact business outcomes.
- Evaluate, develop and implement statistical, analytical and data solutions to enhance existing processes.
- Initiate and develop analyses by leveraging multiple internal and external data sources.
- Apply superior analytics with excellent presentation skills to discover and communicate key findings and articulate strategic implications & recommendations to senior management.
- Ensure integrity of analyses through rigorous attention to detail and validation of data.
- Responsible for managing a decision strategies function for a large business group or functional area.
- Evaluates, recommends and implements strategies for developing and utilizing technical resources to enable initiatives that predict, improve and measure business success.
- This requires a full understanding of business objectives and underlying drivers to embed them into data management processes.
- Working with clients to define issues and information needs and translating them into specific data requirements to support business initiatives and projects.
- Determining the required capabilities, tools and data, leveraging/building multiple internal or external information sources.
- Managing and prioritizing multiple complex projects and project teams and maintaining necessary processes, controls and procedures to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Ensures adherence to data management regulations and policies.
- Manages a team that includes senior consultants.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
***This posting may close early due to volume***
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- 2+ years of management experience
- 3+ years of SQL or SAS experience
- Consumer Lending Industry and Consulting Experience.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and decision-support skills.
- Hands-on experience on statistical and analytical software/tools (SAS, SQL, Enterprise Miner, Decision Tree, Knowledge
- Seeker, CART,CHAID).
- Ability to prioritize and deliver quality products under tight time lines.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas through verbal and written communication.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work in a self-directed environment.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with cross-disciplinary teams.
- Strong interpersonal, consulting and business partner management skills.
- Ability to lead the team and influence partner decisions and drive the business impact.
- Mortgage Industry Experience, particularly in default management.
- Advanced degree highly desirable
- 5+ years of management experience
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.