At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Data Management and Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs.
The Enterprise Analytics and Data Science team is looking for a new team member for the Analytic Quality Review (AQR) team, which plays the critical role of performing advanced quality review of high-risk data analysis activities including customer remediation population identification and complex regulatory and legal data requests. This position will report to and have approximately 15-20 direct reports.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
As part of a team focused on the preserving the customer experience across the organization, this Analytic Manager will lead a team responsible for review of complex data analyses to:
• Understand business objectives and provide credible challenge to analysis requirements
• Verify sound analysis practices and data decisions were leveraged throughout planning and data sourcing phases
• Conduct in-depth research within complex data environments to identify data integrity issues, and propose solutions to improve analysis accuracy
• Ensure comprehensive documentation exists supporting the end-to-end analysis approach and execution
• Communicate results trends to key business partners and senior leadership
In addition to a demonstrated ability using and coaching programming languages, the ideal candidate should possess a natural analytic curiosity and be able to think outside the box to challenge assumptions with a line of sight to ensuring high quality analysis results.
Location(s): Irving, TX; West Des Moines, IA; Charlotte, NC; San Francisco, CA; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; will consider candidates located within other areas of the Wells Fargo footprint.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
• Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
• Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- 4+ years of management experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 6+ years of SQL or SAS experience
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Experience in gathering, analyzing and interpreting large datasets
- Knowledge and understanding of consumer lending data and analytics
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to manage complex data collection and analysis activities including conducting extensive source-to-target mapping exercises
- Experience identifying internal and external data sources from multiple sources across the business
- Ability to play leadership role in large and complex analytical projects
- Ability to work cohesively and collaborate with analytic functions throughout the organization
- Expertise in data profiling and research
- In-depth knowledge of business systems (Shaw, AFS, FDR, EIW, BMG, Brickyard, HELMS, HOGAN) and data structure
- Auto lending or PVSI (Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation) - Cards preferred
- Experience in historical data analysis, customer remediation, or regulatory reporting
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.