At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Decision Sciences, Consumer Risk Data Analytics is responsible for identifying, assessing, controlling, and mitigating current and emerging risk including internal fraud, regulatory risk, reputational risk, and other risk activities within Consumer Banking.
We are seeking an experienced manager to play a critical role in enhancing the front line defense in Consumer Banking. The leader will build a strong analytical foundation using advanced data-driven quantitative analysis to proactively identify risk trends across interactions, customers, team members and products with a goal of strengthening Consumer Banking’s risk mitigation effort.
The primary focus will be supervision of the Consumer Banking but will also extend to other risk management functions such as providing operational support to aid in the delivery of products and services to customers. Successful candidates must have excellent programming skill and strong quantitative analysis experience to solve real world problems.
Responsibilities include and not limited to:
- Manage a team of 3-7 employees
- Identify, develop and implement advanced quantitative models and algorithms to increase proactive detection of risk patterns and trends by researching and testing using data
- Learn and identify conceptual and quantitative solutions to meet the constraints of business requirements
- Leverage data, business knowledge, strategy and predictive models to inform and influence line of business strategic planning team in long term plan development
- Partner closely with other Consumer Banking Risk Management teams to support Branch Quality Reviews, Compliance Reviews and other activities where advanced data mining and / or modeling would add value
- Work with large databases and process flow through complex logic or merging algorithm
- Use SQL, SAS or other statistical / BI tools to support data mining and analytics insights
- Assist in the data architecture and data cleansing methodology and implementation
- Program and build automated solutions
- Document and maintain metadata
- Write presentation deck and communicate results to internal and external customers
- Improve risk monitoring and issue detection by enhancing traceability of banker and customer activities
- Strengthen data resolution, process integration, usage testing, implementation and enhancement on Bank Supervision Platform
- Provide automated, user-friendly and data-driven solution for Community Bank Central Supervision and other business partners
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Location: Charlotte, NC; Phoenix, AZ are preferred but will consider other Wells Fargo locations for qualified candidates.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- 4+ years of management experience
- Strong analytical skills including analyzing complex data
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- 5+ years of experience using SAS, SQL and/or other statistical / BI tools.
- Experience in building, testing, automating, documenting and optimizing data infrastructure.
- Ability to work with large databases and process flow through complex logic or merging algorithm.
- Knowledge and understanding of Wells Fargo Community Banking including operations, fraud, risk, and/or compliance
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.