At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
The WIM Analytics team is part of Wells Fargo Investment Institute (WFII) and reports to the Chief Investment Officer. WFII is registered investment adviser and wholly-owned subsidiary of Wells Fargo & Company, providing investment research guidance, strategy, manager research, portfolio solutions, business analytics and thought leadership within the Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) division. WIM Analytics supports the Lines of Business by providing data driven insights that enable fact-based decision making, inform strategies, contribute to a better client experience, and drive growth.
This Analytics and Insights Leader will manage a team of Analytic Consultants and offshore contractors who support the Products and Advice Group within Wells Fargo Advisors (WFA) – the company’s retail brokerage business. This leader will be expected to build and maintain strong relationships with WFA business partners to source, prioritize, and execute analytic engagements that help the business achieve its goals. The leader will need to work collaboratively with other analytic and functional support teams in WIM Analytics, resources within the business groups that they support and with teams from other LOBs or Enterprise staff groups to solve complex business problems.
- Building strong relationships with business leaders through proactive communication, understanding their business needs and providing a consultative, analytical, and flexible approach to problem solving.
- Engaging business partners across the WFA and WIM providing thought leadership and data driven insights to help solve complicated business problems and enable fact based decision making.
- Using analytic and problem solving skills to support strategic initiatives focused on driving growth, improving the client experience, product development, and delivery of high quality advice to the FA and client.
- Execution of the full lifecycle of analytic engagements including meeting with business partners to determine requirements, finding and extracting the relevant data for analysis, assigning work and tracking progress, advising on proper analytic approaches, reviewing results, designing data visualization/presentations, and communicating the findings.
- Collaborating with the Advanced Analytics team to build and deploy models for use by WFA that optimize home office and FA activities, drive high impact advice to clients, maximize value of relationship managers, enhance virtual offering, and understand and predict client behaviors.
- Leverage functional support areas in Business Intelligence and Analytic Execution, as well as other subject matter experts from across WIM Analytics, to ensure high quality analytic output delivered as efficiently as possible.
- Work to institutionalize insights from research so that findings can be quickly leveraged again as well as by other WIM Analytics team members.
- Ensures integrity of analyses through rigorous attention to detail and validation of data including adherence to all compliance and security procedures.
- Influencing the opinions of others and driving what is best for clients and the business.
- Drive team member development and engagement.
- Ensure consistency, effectiveness and efficiency of all business processes, with a focus on risk management.
- Effectively utilize and lead offshore resources
- Leading the team with integrity and creating an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Contributing to the overall success of WIM Analytics through proactive communication and transparency with other leaders, collaborative problem solving, best practice adoption, effective resource allocation, and work prioritization.
In addition, as a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Preferred locations are Charlotte, NC and Saint Louis, MO. Additional locations may be considered.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- 4+ years of management experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- A Master's degree or higher
- Financial services industry experience
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry: wealth management, brokerage, or retirement
- Strong project management skills
- An active Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
- Experience in relevant business domains such as retail brokerage, asset management, capital markets, and/or other financial service domains.
- Proven ability to lead teams through complex analytical projects, including planning, exploration, development, and socialization with senior business leaders.
- Relevant data/system experience within BDW, WAE, EIW, BMG, Hemisphere and MDSS.
- Experience using SAS, R, Python, or similar analytic software.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.