At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,600 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 269,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 27 on Fortune’s 2016 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Payments, Virtual Solutions & Innovation (PVSI)
In Payments, Virtual Solutions & Innovation (PVSI), we've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The PVSI team includes Consumer Credit Solutions, Deposit Products Group, Innovation, Operations, Treasury Management and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
This is a key leadership position in Risk Operations & Fraud Prevention Services (ROFPS), reporting to Rolf Anderson who leads Victim Fraud Detection Operations. This leader will oversee a team of analytic consultants focused on advancing automated Customer contact capabilities (2Way SMS, 2Way-Email, Auto-dialer and PUSH messaging) designed to improve Customer experiences by expediting the detection of fraud and reducing related losses.
This leader will advance the Victim Fraud Detection organization’s existing auto-contact strategies currently focused on payment card transaction risk (Debit & Credit) and extend auto-contact capabilities to emerging areas of fraud risk where automated outreach to Customers is required.
This leader will partner with the broader PVSI organization to create Customer communication capabilities that are; immediate, digital, automated, 2-way, and with distinct focus on optimizing each Customer experience.
Core components of this leader’s team responsibilities are auto-contact strategy management (which includes strategy development, customer contact sequence-optimization, performance analytics design, compliance-auditing, and workflow management), CoBRRa rules execution, (which includes; implementation and prioritization), artificial intelligence use case design, and queue prioritization and management. Customer contact process mapping, procedural documentation, and business case development are also team functions.
This leader will partner with key stakeholders from within Debit Product, Credit Product, Risk, Compliance, The Private Bank, Executive Office, and WFVC Contact Centers to protect our Customers from fraud and ensure they have exceptional experiences across multiple touch points (POS, internet, mobile, phone etc.).
This leader will also work closely with EIT counterparts to ensure the evolving Customer contact system infrastructure and system capacity is well positioned to address continually expanding alert volume and process complexity.
Ongoing responsibilities also include interfacing with executive management across lines of business, influencing and negotiating service level agreements, presenting centralized management reporting, communications and tracking for the Group Leader to be used for Senior PVSI Leaders, Sr. Business Partners, and other senior ROFPS leaders.
In this position, you will have accountability for the team's financial and operational performance, including budget forecasting and variance. You will also provide input to the development and implementation of longer-term strategies specific to Victim Fraud Detection Operations. You will develop and implement strategies with financial risk and that could impact functions or activities outside the group, those connections must be vetted, communicated and effectively managed.
This leader will be responsible for creating initiatives that align with business goals and objectives by:
• Developing new Customer contact strategies focused on emerging fraud risks.
• Developing Customer contact strategies that proactively detect risks before our Customers do.
• Developing Customer contact capabilities that bridge to upstream and downstream source systems. (including Risk engines and contact centers)
• Having extensive experience in SQL and SAS, with the ability to directly oversee team analytics.
• Having extensive knowledge of FCC and TCPA rules and regulations. (Along with Regs. E & Z)
• Building program capabilities centered on Customer communication optimization, including but not limited to Customer communication preferences.
• Having a horizontal vision around contact strategy management, ensuring that contact outcomes are effectively managed in support of Wells Fargo and our Customers.
• Directing and coaching other managers as needed to accomplish goals; leading change; developing talent, effectively using resources, including budget, staff and other; ensuring compliance with government regulations and company policies. Will help lead and drive this business into the future and will require strong leadership and team member engagement abilities.
• Having strong FICO CCS subject matter expertise.
• Having a track record of proven leadership, relationship management, and financial management.
• Continually identify ways to enhance controls, streamline operations and delivery to improve the customer experience, enable business growth and ensure customer trust.
• Overseeing the design, implementation and maintenance of contact capabilities resulting in fraud detection strategy optimization
• Overseeing management of core day-to-day business processes while effectively planning for future capabilities. Ensure emerging capabilities are designed for transportability across Wells Fargo.
• Overseeing program and practices to ensure compliance with Corporate Fraud Risk Management Policy for both Digital Channels and Contact Center Fraud Risk Management programs
• Aligning with Fraud Risk Assessment process and fraud risk portfolios for Victim Fraud Detection Operations functions.
• Ensuring the team is identifying and evaluating new & emerging fraud threats and risks
• Driving core fraud risk assessment activity (e.g. review of new or existing product initiatives to assess for fraud risk in the virtual channel environment; Annual Online & Mobile Banking fraud risk assessment)
• Ensuring close partnerships between Payment Card Fraud Detection Operations, Risk, EFD, VC Risk, LOB partners and Victim Fraud Detection Operations to ensure functionality is deployed in a secure manner with appropriate controls.
• Representing Victim Fraud Detection Operations and ROFPS in the risk management community across Wells Fargo
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- 4+ years of management experience
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- 10+ years of analytics experience
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Experience developing partnerships and collaborating with other business and functional areas
- Ability to articulate a complex problem, design, or build strategy
- Ability to deliver concise, time critical information to all levels of management, technology and business teams
- Ability to prepare presentations, management reporting, and statistical analysis
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to turn findings into executable plans to meet business objectives
- 6+ years of leadership or management experience
- 4+ years of SQL or SAS experience
- Knowledge and understanding of authentication and detection solutions used by online financial platforms
- Knowledge and understanding of Wells Fargo Virtual Channels Fraud Prevention and Authentication business units and processes
- 3+ years of experience with CoBRRa
- 4+ years experience working directly with fraud and risk controls
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.