At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, Stakeholder Relations, and the CAO Integration and Planning Office.
The Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) team is responsible for development and monitoring of enterprise-wide data governance policies, frameworks and standards, reporting and analytics, enterprise-wide independent oversight of data management risk, and management of data issues to ensure compliance with the Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) Policy.
The Business Execution, Analytics & Reporting (BEAR) function within EDG will coordinate the management and oversight of key strategic initiatives, governance, reporting, and cross-functional activities. This team has four key functions:
• Strategy & Initiative Oversight
• Reporting & Analytics
This role sits within the Reporting & Analytics function and reports directly to the Reporting Solutions Manager. The successful candidate will have responsibility for production and reporting activities that support EDG’s oversight activities, including issue management reporting, status reporting, KPIs, analysis and maintenance of effective reporting tools and solutions.
Primary responsibilities within this role include:
• Consult with partners to identify and define business requirements and translate business needs into complex analysis designs and recommendations
• Lead projects & mentors lower level staff
• Execute on new reporting requirements within strategic tools (Tableau, SSRS)
• Involved directly in the technical build-out and/or support of databases, query tools, reporting tools, BI tools, dashboards, etc. that enable analysis and/or data visualization
• Identify and recommend internal and external data sources, compiles/mines data from multiple, cross business sources
• Develop processes and procedures for new reporting and information needs
• Maintain tactical reporting solutions that provide effective and actionable information in an efficient manner
• Management of monthly report production activities including KPI and KRI development and production, analysis and reporting on key themes and trends
• Engagement with key stakeholders on findings and issues to escalate
• Maintain controls to ensure data and reporting outputs are accurate, comprehensive, timely and relevant
• Ensure ongoing adherence to data management/governance regulations and policies
PREFERRED LOCATIONS: Charlotte, NC; and San Francisco, CA and will be open to telecommuting for the most qualified applicant
Data Management and Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs.
- Wells Fargo Analytic and Insight Careers
- Wells Fargo
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- 2 + years of Tableau Dashboard development experience
- 2 + years of experience gathering business requirements from various sources including end-users and stakeholders
- 2+ years of SQL experience
- 2+ years of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- High proficiency in use of Access, Excel, PowerPoint and basic reporting tools
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of reporting, research and analysis
- Proficient in building relationships, and collaborating across different functional areas
- Experience with data management best practices and disciplines
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.