Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Network Pricing Analyst supports and validates Provider Network (physicians, hospitals, pharmacies, ancillary facilities, etc.) contracting and unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis, and reporting. Network Pricing Analysts conduct unit cost and contract valuation analysis in support of network contracting negotiations and unit cost management strategies. Responsibilities also include managing unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting, and associated financial models.
This position will ideally be office-based in Cypress, CA
- Support CA Ancillary and Hospital Network teams in contract negotiations by providing financial analysis
- Model ancillary contracts such as free-standing ASCs, dialysis, DME, Home health and home infusion, Rehab centers etc.
- Trend target setting and trend management
- Identify savings opportunities
- Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements
- Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problem
- Solve moderately complex problems and/or conduct moderately complex analyses
- Work with minimal guidance; seek guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Translate concepts into practice
- Provide explanations and information to others on difficult issues
- Coach, provide feedback, and guide others
- Act as a resource for others with less experience
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of analytical experience in financial analysis, health care pricing, network management, health care economics or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience with provider payment methodologies and healthcare products
- Intermediate level of proficiency in performing financial impact analysis, risk management and data manipulation
- 2+ years of experience in creating and using financial modeling tools, spreadsheets and information acquisition tools
- Advanced level proficiency in MS Excel
- Ability to interpret and review financial modeling results to evaluate the financial impact of contract changes and develop forecasts
- Must live within a commutable distance of Cypress, CA and be willing and able to come into the office
- Exposure to California healthcare market
- SAS / SQL programming experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Math, Statistics or Economics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting to groups
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Business analyst, reporting analyst, actuary, math, finance, economics, statistics, Cypress, California, CA, Orange, Irvine, Huntington Beach, Garden Grove, Torrance.