At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
The Annuity Product Manager is responsible for providing support and management of the annuity product strategic initiatives, managing activities associated with the socializing, development, approval of stated department objectives within the Wells Fargo enterprise. The position interacts with external vendors including annuity carriers in the management of certain key initiatives and consults with related internal and external business partners in clarifying and defining business case requirements in regards to product development and on-going maintenance of such products.
As a member of the WFA Annuity Product Management Team, the candidate will be responsible for managing activities associated with the annuity line of business that encompasses short and long-term initiatives that are moderate to significant in risk, scope and complexity. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Annuity product management in relation to shepherding the product approval process through the various product approval committees, i.e. BRAT, DEAL, CORC and RESNIP
- Create and deliver presentations in conjunction with team members in relationship to the strategic business goals and objectives.
- Assist in the development of product marketing strategies based on assessment of competitive environment, utilizing new products and/or enhancements, including product positioning, bundling and pricing profitability.
- Drive product management efforts and create business partnerships with other units and vendors in development, implementation and ensuring programs adhere to compliance regulations and policy.
- Consult with internal business partners, i.e., Legal, Compliance, Risk, IT, Operations, Channel, etc. to clarify and define key initiatives.
- Create partnerships with our key Annuity Carriers in executing our strategic goals.
- Execute and manage the Annuity Product Group InfoMAX web content.
- Perform in-depth analysis and reporting on current Wells Fargo annuity lines of business including but not limited to rider utilization, sales trends, client/FA annuity demographics, etc.
- Resolve complex problems and manage escalations as necessary.
- Responsible for management and execution of key business initiatives
- Assist in the development and implementation of new annuity products and programs.
- 3+ years of product management experience, product development experience, or a combination of both
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- FINRA registration including Series 24 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- FINRA registration including Series 7 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Life, Health and Variable Annuity licenses, considering state law restrictions
- Ability to act as a liaison between the technical design staff and business requester to ensure all requirements are met
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to identify inefficiencies, opportunities to streamline business processes, and implement change
- Ability to strategically analyze data and diagnose opportunities and interventions
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP)
- Process improvement experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of annuity products and systems requirements.
- Proven ability to facilitate necessary meetings to extract business needs, resolve issues and gain status of deliverables.
- Publishing experience to Documentum or SDL highly preferred.
- Proactive listening for opportunities where Product, Sales, Operations, CSU and Compliance can continually streamline processes for future client/FA experience.
- Act as liaison between both Product and Operations/Technology so that everyone understands business requirements and the technology that would be required to support those requirements.
- Life, Health and Variable Annuity license requirements must be completed within 180 days of hire date. Compliance with state law requirements is required.
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA review process at the time of offer acceptance.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.