ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Performs routine and emergency repairs in residential apartments and public areas including correcting electrical malfunctions, repairing and replacing plumbing fixtures, pipes and fittings, repairing and replacing light bulbs and fixtures, repairing doors and locks, etc.
2. Performs necessary maintenance of HVAC equipment as assigned.
3. Performs all necessary scheduled preventive maintenance procedures on designated equipment while following manufacturer’s recommendations.
4. Respond to emergency calls for system and equipment failure.
5. Completes all work orders in a timely manner while providing detailed information regarding the task(s) performed along with all prescribed/pertinent equipment information.
6. Will assist other Maintenance & Engineering personnel, when necessary, in the completion of various projects or repairs.
7. Assists in maintaining proper levels of material/supplies for neighborhood assigned to ensure the timely and efficient completion of necessary tasks.
8. Will be expected to work a reasonable amount of scheduled and “on-call” overtime as necessary.
9. Performs additional duties requested by the Supervisor, Facilities Maintenance/Maintenance & Engineering Manager in order to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the community.
Must possess a working knowledge of residential building maintenance to include, but not limited to, plumbing, electrical, flooring and appliances. Must have knowledge of HVAC.
Must be able to effectively communicate with residents and staff. Must function under general supervision. Must be flexible and have integrity. Must possess the ability of effectively work with residents and staff.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School or GED. Should possess 3-5 years of maintenance experience in a residential apartment complex, commercial building construction or maintenance.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must possess current EPA certification to handle refrigerants.