At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
About the Application Product Center of Excellence
The Application Produce Center of Excellence is accountable for governance of the lifecycle management of over 93% of all software products installed on Wells Fargo assets (servers, desktops, mainframe, network etc.). This position will report to the Application Product Lifecycle Management Manager. This team is accountable and responsible for identifying and managing the execution of activities in support of the lifecycle management standards and policies. This includes identification and validation of patches and configuration management changes, deployment planning of patches and/or removals of products when they are not compliant or at end of life.
This Application Support Engineer will work as part of the Product Solution Support Management group that will be responsible for patch identification and validation of all of the products owned by the APCoE. This group consists of highly technical subject matter experts (application system engineers) that will also develop and document deployment approach and game plans for product patches and upgrades as well as provide technical product support to application or execution teams as appropriate.
As an ASE the candidate will act as the liaison with Wells Fargo product owners and/or vendor. The person in this role will actively engage various personnel to ensure that product vulnerabilities are quickly identified, communicated to our partners, and that solutions are created and delivered in a timely manner. This role will also shape how our current and future product offerings are serviced and secured within new and emerging application environments. In addition, the position participates in Implementation Management and Vulnerability Operations teams on security and compliance related matters as they arise. Work with internal Information Security teams to identify, analyze, and share correlated and enriched threat Intel to assist incident response and threat detection, allowing faster time to action.
- Develop programs and strategies to improve our security compliance
- Research, define solutions, and provide remediation instructions for vulnerable products
- Provide technical support, troubleshoot, and document solutions during emergency vulnerabilities
- Maintain vulnerability solutions and remediation documentation
- Monitor various information sources to identify new cybersecurity threats and assess against our products and solutions.
- Work with Product Engineering teams to report, track and resolve security vulnerabilities
- Gather and evaluate cyber threat business intelligence requirements for the LOBs by having regular discussions with key line of business personnel (e.g. operational risk personnel, technology managers, information security leaders, etc.).
- Collaborate with various WF organizations on all manners of security and compliance related business matters
- Troubleshooting complex software application issues. Issues to be resolved require a broad range of troubleshooting skills related to: software functionality, application product setup, database management, data analysis, standalone/embedded products, and third party (vendor supported) products.
- Meet regularly with support and development teams to gather feedback and requirements
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of experience delivering complex enterprise wide information technology solutions
- 5+ years of technical experience in systems administration, networking, or information security
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 1+ year of Puppet experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Linux
- 1+ year of Python experience
- Knowledge and understanding of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle)
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LiveMeeting and SharePoint) skills
- Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate solutions within a geographically dispersed organization
- Knowledge and understanding of threat analysis and assessment of potential and current information security risk/threats
- Knowledge and understanding of information security technology
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Experience communicating in both written and verbal formats with senior executive-level leaders
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Advanced problem solving and technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Splunk experience
- Understanding of software product functionality on servers and desktops (such as Microsoft, Oracle, Adobe, Apache, IBM, etc.)
- 5+ years of build-deploy automation and configuration experience within the Linux and Unix environment
- Preferred experience with HPSA automation or scripting languages (such as PowerShell, Python, VB scripts, etc.)
- Experience automating activities using shell scripting
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment, including weekends and holidays
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.