All positions at Lucky’s Market are required to execute their daily job responsibilities in addition to focusing on sales and customer service. It is the expectation of each employee to maintain a positive attitude and a willingness to be a team player.
As the Apothecary Buyer, you will support the Category Managers with all purchasing related activity. You will regularly review prices for all department items to ensure accuracy and initiates pricing updates. Review exception reports to ensure all negotiated deals have been loaded into POS system. Ensure master vendor files with terms and stock conditions, are current and updated in database and communicated to stores. Compile promotional files for weekly and monthly promotions. Liaise between Category Managers and Data Integrity team to correct any pricing discrepancies. Issue and track purchase orders for new stores and existing store plus outs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain cost and margin accuracy on all products per guidelines set by Category Managers. Maintain vigilant eye for margin irregularities and rounding discrepancies. Run export weekly.
- Research and correct GIG exceptions daily & weekly.
- Prepare and maintain competitive pricing analysis on key items.
- Monitor and maintain promotional activity for accurate start and end dates, including sale items, EDLP’s, & TPR’s. Check & balance of all promotional activities to confirm they are loaded in ABO weekly & monthly.
- Maintain master vendor file with vendor contact information and terms. Liaise between data, Genius Central, Home Office and Stores.
- Report out of stocks with ETA’s to CM’s and Department Manager’s on a weekly basis.
- Review performance of promotions by creating reports to present performance to Director and CM’s as needed.
- Manage contracts for promotions and scan backs through bill back Manager.
- Place & follow up on all orders for all new stores and monthly promotional preorders.
- Maintain open project list through Asana daily/weekly & report in on progress weekly.
- Maintain department calendars and meeting invite. Take notes for all team meetings.
- Proofing on weekly flyer & monthly magazine.
- Additional projects and responsibilities as needed. Category Manager back up as needed.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Education and Experience:
- May require a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty
- 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Exemplary attention to detail and analytical skills with regard to all categories of pricing. Accuracy with data input and numbers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in fast paced environment.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and assist in communicating and enforcing them with our vendors / brokers and Department Directors / Managers.
- Confidentiality and integrity.
- Excellent organizational & communication skills. Must be able to manage multiple tasks under varying deadlines.
- Above average to excellent Excel skills with solid working knowledge of POS system.
Working Environment/ Physical Demands:
- Physical and mental dexterity to perform all aspects of the job.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration.
- Use of miscellaneous office equipment.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.