We are a quickly growing natural, organic, and specialty grocer based in Boulder, CO. All positions at Lucky’s Market are required to execute their daily job responsibilities in addition to focusing on sales and customer service. It is the expectation of each employee to maintain a positive attitude and a willingness to be a team player.
The Apothecary Team Member is responsible for keeping all store Apothecary shelves stocked and clean during business hours. They are required to assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly, energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Apothecary Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures cleanliness of Apothecary aisles, storage area, and work area for safety; includes cleaning of shelves and products, keeping floors free of liquid spills or water, removing hazardous debris from floor and sweeping.
- Stocks Apothecary department; includes presentation of product, facing, filling, and organization of all product items as set by the Apothecary Department schematics as well as ensuring tag and pricing accuracy.
- Examines the rotation of all Apothecary products paying particular attention to expired stock and discarding outdated or spoiled items; including keeping a code date log for the products in order to clear or trade out product before it is set to expire.
- Responds positively to customer’s inquiries and assists customers with purchases, information and product selection; requires selling and cross selling of products.
- Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of shipment, temperature, and quality.
- Monitors the point of purchase signs; ensures a variety of recipe cards, product coupons, promotional material, and information on Apothecary items.
- Participates in pre-inventory preparation; includes back stock and assuring tags match products.
- Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product preparation.
- Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary, and overall clean appearance at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalency degree.
- Preferred 1 -2 years grocery retail experience in Apothecary department processes and procedures.
- Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Ability to adapt to the ever changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
- Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
- Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
- Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential.
- Must be able to support and contribute to team goals.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Must be familiar with Health Department guidelines and regulations as they pertain to a grocery retail environment.
- Must have basic knowledge of math, weights, and measures.
- Advanced knowledge of Apothecary products and ability to reference customer questions.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional high stress when dealing with systems/customers/staff.