Department:OH1HS_69527_000 Pfs Cbo Support Services
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Job Description Details:
Excellence in care takes the dedication and commitment of not only our front-line care teams, but of the specialized professionals that support all aspects of our mission. Colleagues in Finance, HR, Marketing and more keep Mount Carmel operating at the highest standard. And we provide leading education training and development opportunities to keep you working at yours.
Our Applications Analyst - PFS takes part in the day-to-day support of existing (or newly installed) application suites as assigned, or in support of strategic development projects in Patient Financial Services. This position is also responsible for system upgrades, and user feedback on related system issues
- Projects self-confidence, with a commitment to excellence moderated, where appropriate, by business sense and practicality.
- Assists with gathering and analyzing information in order to modify or enhance system effectiveness on installed applications.
- Assists users in problem resolution by acting as a problem definer, problem solver and negotiator while working under the pressure of complex variables, including multiple vendors, multiple procedures, multiple personalities, and by applying current, yet sometimes unproven, technology.
- Works in conjunction with Client Business Partners, users and vendors to define and design systems to meet specified needs. Requires a familiarization with the policies and procedures of Patient Access, Professional Billing, and Patient Financial Services, a thorough understanding of billing procedures, clinical/financial work processes and clinical/financial applications.
- Demonstrates proficiency with pertinent application-related query/reporting tools. Works with responsible end-users to ensure downtime/disaster policies and procedures are in place, rehearsed, and carried out.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in area of focus and familiarization with applications/systems support experience in current environment preferred.
- Experience: 3-5 years' experience in a similar role; supporting revenue cycle-based applications and responsible for related project management work.
- Creative and innovative thought process complemented by an ability to demonstrate a high level of problem identification and solving, and conflict resolution.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and with excellent follow through on defined objectives.
- A thorough understanding of a broad range of information technologies and how they fit into a healthcare environment is required
- Intermediate to high skillset and experience with Excel, Business Objects (or other report writer), and database applications (Access, Quickbase, other)
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.