DescriptionThe Application Architect 2 designs and develops IT applications architecture solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. The Application Architect 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Application Architect 2 performs technical planning, architecture development and modification of specifications. Develops specifications for new products/services, applications and service offerings. Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent applications. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
Be a part of the Wellness technology team -- be a strategic leader in cutting edge Healthcare technology.
Humana is seeking an Application Architect for the Wellness and rewards platform Go365 that will be responsible for the internal architectural design of a single or set of assigned applications or systems, and for the design of the interfaces through which that application interacts with the rest of the enterprise. This person is also responsible for the effective integration of their application into the broader business and IT ecosystem within which it will operate.
The Application Architect is not only called to understand and follow enterprise guidelines, as well as utilize common application design frameworks and design patterns in their work; they are also expected to share feedback and learning back out to the enterprise. Thus, the Application Architect also serves as the technical subject matter expert (SME) for their application to other architects, and as a feedback loop back into the enterprise architecture portfolio.
- Define the current application architecture, and identify issues within it, including tracking technical debt
- Refine and/or redesign application architecture to meet the organization’s changing business requirements.
- Ensure the design meets the business service level agreements (SLAs) for availability and performance.
- Refine and/or redesign application architecture to be more cost-effective, including the optimal selection of implementation technologies, practices, and skills for application delivery success.
- Iteratively document and improve architectural approaches, service design, and development processes and approaches.
- Integrate each application solution into the broader business and IT ecosystem within which it will operate.
- Create and maintain application architecture deliverables and artifacts (e.g. S.A. D.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- 6+ years design, development, and testing of software applications
- Experience with:
- SOA design and development
- Back-end databases
- Technologies in use in the application(s)
- Unit testing and mocking
- Source control use and strategies
- SOAP and RESTful Web Services
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Prior experience in the healthcare industry
- Java 7/8
- Weblogic or other Java application servers
- Spring Frameworks (Batch, MVC, Security)
- JMS and MQ
- DynaTrace, DCRUM, SolarWind, and other APM technologies
- TFS (source control, build, deployment), CI, CD
Scheduled Weekly Hours40