BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
This position is responsible for the development and configuration/testing efforts for the Supply Chain and Logistics group (focus on Warehouse and Transportation Management). This position will play a key role in the replacement of our Warehouse Management and Transportation Management systems. The ideal candidate with have either previous consulting experience or can show previous implementation experience with functional knowledge in the supply chain and logistics domain. Responsibilities also include monitoring and resolving production issues for single, complex, or multiple systems. The position works with third party software vendors, and various internal IT and business resources to resolve issues and recommends short and long-term corrective action. At this level, responsibilities include analyzing system, and enterprise-wide impacts of individual system problems.
- Use BJ’s standard project Life-cycle management methodology to manage project deliverables (e.g., project artifacts, schedules, status reports, etc.).
- Planning and managing activities for moderate sized projects.
- Serve as the interface to the business units and other IT teams regarding significant system changes to our supported systems (Warehouse and Transportation Management Systems), as well as changes to other systems that may impact them.
- Provide team leadership and work direction to project teams, and individuals.
- Lead discovery activities with business partners to understand objectives, business process impacts, possible system needs and alignment to BJ’s strategy.
- Lead development of models, tests and prototypes to assure reliability, maintainability, and availability objectives can be met for complex solution components.
- Review detailed designs produced by others within and outside of the department.
- Lead architectural reviews for a subsystem, application, or configuration of applications.
- Assist with the design of interfaces to/from SAP.
- Configure, create or modify highly complex programs, modules, routines, scripts, applications, configurations and data objects from a detailed design where performance, efficiency, and reliability are critical to the entire system.
- Lead advanced and complex configuration and integrations for packaged applications (Manhattan WMOS and JDA/Red Prairie experience are a plus). This may include Functional Requirements and Technical designs.
- Mentor less experienced team members.
- Participate in rotational on-call support.
- Provide technical direction for members of the test team and interface with design team throughout System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases. Test case creation may also be required.
- Coordinate system installation, maintenance and defect resolution for large or complex EP and Replenishment related implementations.
- Define complex production operations and support procedures and policies (e.g., change management, information security, and disaster recovery).
- Develop strategies for continuous improvement of operational performance.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or a related field of study.
- Experience with Manhattan WMOS and JDA/Red Prairie software implementations particularly in a retail environment (cross dock operations exposure a plus).
- 5+ plus years of experience in progressively more responsible/complex IT roles.
- 3-5 years’ experience with Manhattan WMOS and JDA/Red Prairie applications (alternative experience with other applications in a warehouse environment considered).
- Understand Oracle database, UNIX/Linux, SQL (or other scripting language).
- Knowledge of supply chain business processes.
- Ability to understand and explain issues from both business and technical perspectives.
- Excellent analytical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead cross-team collaboration and partnerships, while communicating to a variety of internal and external constituencies at multiple levels about functional and technical matters.
- Experience in a retail IT environment; understands how various retail business units interact from both operational and system perspectives.
- Experience with SAP, SAP/PI, and Cloud computing.
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM and Modified Waterfall methodologies.
- Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, Cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.).
- Direct experience with SAP (finance/merchandising).
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.