At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
About the Application Products Center of Excellence (APCoE)
The APCoE is accountable for governance and operations of the lifecycle management of the majority of third party software products installed on Wells Fargo assets (servers, desktops, mainframe, network etc.). The work that we do is critical to the success of our Enterprise and our customers as our efforts are aimed at keeping our data and technology systems safe from cybersecurity threats.
This position will report to the manager of the Application Products Center of Excellence and be responsible for managing first line of defense compliance and governance management for software configuration management activities.
- This area requires technical knowledge in application development practices, IT standards and protocols, configuration management practices as well as an understanding of the lifecycle of cyberspace threats, attack vectors, and methods of exploitation.
- This role will develop, direct, and implement governance of software product vulnerability, patch, lifecycle and configuration management processes and controls.
- The ideal candidate will have experience establishing best in class governance programs and evidence management of governance activities for external and internal audits.
- This senior manager will have oversight of the following activities for software products aligned to the Application Products Center of Excellence (APCoE).This encompasses over 90% of software products in use at WF, spanning all types of assets:
- Definition and maintenance of effective processes and controls for product management.
- Compliance of maintenance and remediation activities to keep products current within established policies and timelines
- Effective and accurate metrics reporting for the product portfolio
- Monitoring compliance to exceptions policies and timelines
- Quality review of processes and controls on a regularly established cadence
- This manager will partner closely with our Risk and Internal audit partners to ensure that all operational processes result in an effectively managed product portfolio.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: administrative support management, project management, business operations or strategic planning in financial services
- 3+ years of management experience
- COBIT Certification
- 3+ years of COBIT experience
- IT Infrastructure Library Certification (ITIL)
- Ability to manage in a matrixed organization environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Six Sigma methodology
- Experience working with internal and external auditors and examiners
- Knowledge and understanding of application development, infrastructure, and architecture environments
- Experience managing geographically diverse teams including both multiple domestic and off-shore locations
- Extensive technical skills and comprehensive knowledge and understanding of an entire line of business or infrastructure sub-domain
- Ability to manage or facilitate analysis of current systems, problem identification, and resolution
- Ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams
- Strong analytical skills with ability to turn findings into executable plans to meet business objectives
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid understanding or experience with software configuration management
- Knowledge of application/software development process
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.