At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
We’re looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team in a role as a Sr. Application Systems Engineer within our EIT/CLG organization.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology (EIT) offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Consumer Lending Group (CLG)
From achieving sustainable homeownership, managing credit, purchasing a car to financing college, Wells Fargo Consumer Lending cares about our customers. Today, our diversified team provides home lending, auto loans, and student loans to more than 30 million customers. Every day we focus on providing guidance, advice and tools to assist our customers with making informed decisions for selecting the right products and services to satisfy their financial needs and help them succeed financially.
This is a senior position as a Solutions Engineer for the design, development, and implementation of strategic solutions for Home Lending Loan Production & Delivery.
The Solutions Engineer will understand the business and/or technical need and develop solution options that meet business needs and align with standards and strategic direction. The Solutions Engineer will need to develop prototypes for complex business and technical requirements with high performance and monitoring in-place. The ability to successfully collaborate with others to achieve a common goal is critical in this position along with providing expert technical guidance and design to the programming staff in the design and development of new software or substantial redesign of existing applications across multiple teams and applications.
The team member selected for this role should have experience identifying and evaluating emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be leveraged to strengthen our technology platform and development practices.
The work will be challenging and fast-paced and draw upon technical, non-technical, and leadership skills. It is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to grow and step into a broader and more visible role.
The team member selected for this position should be based either in Charlotte, NC / Des Moines, IA. Relocation assistance will not be provided. Candidates should reside in and/or around these targeted locations or be able to commute to and/or to relocate to the designated target areas at their own expense.
This is a full time opportunity that offers a competitive compensation package to include a comprehensive benefits package with a generous PTO program, company paid holidays, 401-K and many other benefits. For additional benefit information visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits/.
- 10+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 10+ years of Java experience
- 10+ years of SOA (Services Oriented Architecture) experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 5+ years of experience leading SaaS application configuration
- Experience with Agile Scrum (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective meetings) and Kanban
- Knowledge and understanding of applications related to web design and database design
- Ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams
- Ability to deliver multiple concurrent projects or large scale individual projects
- A BS/BA or equivalent/ advanced degree in Computer Science or other related technology discipline.
- SOAP, REST or JSON experience
- Experience with 12-Factor App methodology to support Agile development
- Knowledge and understanding of Consumer Lending applications development (credit card, mortgage, home equity, auto, educational, etc.).
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.