Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Our experienced technology professionals offer deep technical experience in their area of focus and are committed to delivering efficient and effective solutions to our Clients. By combining our technical capabilities with our industry experiences, we create unmatched market offerings to solve our clients' business issues. Additionally, we have long-term partnerships with many of the world's leading technology companies, allowing us to understand solution alternatives and recommend and support the most appropriate solution for our clients. By leveraging these elements, we are able to help our clients convert leading edge ideas into tangible results.
- Perform software deployments, infrastructure services and vulnerability management for multi-tier environments
- Work with Release Managers to evaluate and plan environment change events
- Provide operational support and troubleshooting of complex issues, coordinating the involvement of business and/or UHG IT development resources in incident resolution as necessary
- Support internal and external client based Quality Assurance organizations throughout testing activities
- Provide real time updates to internal teams and the client during incident management
- Monitor various aspects of the deployment, application and associated hardware to ensure environment availability to the user community 100% of the time
- Automate and continuously improve infrastructure, server, deployment strategies and testing to support the quick turnaround of deployments
- Create and maintain technical deployment and support documentation as needed
- Provide technical expertise and mentoring to junior level developers and peers
- Participate in knowledge sharing, and contribute to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of the Development team
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related area or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of hands-on Application Development, administration and technical support experience within large, matrixed, complex organizations
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience with the following: Unix/Linux and shell scripting, Oracle RDBMS, SQL and PL/SQL, XML, FTP, TCP/IP.
- 3+ years of experience with Java/J2EE and middleware and integration technology like JBoss Enterprise Application Server, JBoss Fuse etc.
- 3+ years of experience with Continuous Integration/Release Automation tools like Jenkins, Artifactory, XL Deploy, Chef/Puppet/Ansible etc.
- Experience with monitoring tools like DynaTrace, Angelfish, Splunk, etc.
- Experience with Service Management tools like Service Now, ALM, JIRA, SharePoint, HPSM, etc.
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies
- Able and willing to work off hours and occasional on-call hours to achieve customer and company objectives
- Experience with SSO/Certificates/Firewall, etc.
- Experience with Virtualization - Cloud - SaaS system monitoring and reporting
- Knowledge of application and infrastructure Change Management and Incident Management processes
- Experience in the healthcare industry
- Familiarity with PPACA federal legislation and OCIIO/CMS guidance of value
- Knowledge of existing Federal and State-level initiatives for health insurance exchange, and strategies to link these efforts together into a true national network of networks
- Compliance Management for State /Federal Systems
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Govtconsulting, Boston, MA