Technical know how is one thing. But then there’s knowing how to guide customers to see and embrace a new point of view. If you’re at that point in your career, let’s put your unique skills to work in a more impactful way. Optum is bringing technology solutions to customers across the health system. As part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, not only do we have more of them every day, we also have more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere. As part of our elite team, you’ll play a pivotal role in the system development cycle and consult with end users to evaluate business requirements into design specifications. You will work with all levels of the business, ensuring IT deliverables align with business requirements, with measurable results. It’s time to take on new challenge.
- Provide support and leadership on critical issues
- Lead war room with a clear direction of issue resolution
- Lead and mentor offshore team members on daily support tasks
- Perform troubleshooting, root-cause analysis and resolution implementation
- Identify and analyze problems, formulate and evaluate alternatives, and recommend and implement strategies and solutions
- Work with vendors to troubleshoot and resolve complex software issues
- Act as liaison between business, vendors and counter partners
- Conduct strategic planning on prevention plans
- Monitor system and network performance for application
- Performance maintenance activities
- Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements
- Work with developers to get solutions developed and implemented
- Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solve complex problems and conduct complex analyses
- Collaborate with counter partners to ensure full understanding of new enhancements, upgrades, and PLM initiatives
- Collaborate with other professionals to maintain standards and functionality
- 24X7 on-call
In this role, you’ll be at the main point of contact for production issues; working on system performance and stabilization to further improve the customer experience on critical applications. You will be challenged daily to improve the customer experience. The work takes an ability to solve technical and strategic challenges using innovative approaches. You’ll be using complex data to support business decisions and you’ll need to demonstrate collaborative, creative and conceptual thinking.
- 3+ years applications support and/or DevOps experience
- 1+ years of .Net or Java applications support experience
- 1+ years of Oracle or SQL Server back-end support experience
- Bachelors degree or better
- Experience in CA Clarity
- Experience with war room calls
- Splunk experience
- Dynatrace experience
- HP Openview experience
Optum is a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Dynatrace, HP Openview, Splunk, XOG, NSQL, Gel Script, multicasting, .Net, Java, Oracle, SQL Server, agile, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Basking Ridge, NJ, New Jersey, Hartford, CT, Connecticut