At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wells Fargo’s Customer Information System (CIS) provides a holistic view into our customer information and their relationships to products, services, and other customers. As the enterprise source of record for customer information at Wells Fargo, the CIS application is critical to Wells Fargo’s business objectives that focus on superior customer experiences. Thus, the CIS application is seeking strong professional candidates that are interested in providing superior technical design and development activities to build new CIS functionality, improve customer data quality, and support key business objectives for Wells Fargo. A successful candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, will understand customer information principals and Hogan programming concepts, and will be able to design and develop effective CIS technical solutions in support of project requirements for needed business capabilities that depend on accurate customer information handling.
Detailed activities include:
- Provides technical consultation and support in the design and development of computer applications and programs.
- Analyzes business requirements, designs, and writes technical specifications to design or redesign computer solutions.
- Develops original and/or complex code or provides coding guidance to less experienced staff.
- Leads and/or performs research and analysis efforts, and acts as an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting.
- Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing, and debugging of programs.
- Participates in overall systems testing and the migration of applications to production.
- Develops new documentation, participates in the development of department technical procedures, and designs user guides.
- Leads projects, including assignment of tasks to project resources, and provides direction and guidance to less experienced staff.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees updating and testing of the business continuation plan.
- 5+ years of application development and implementation experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of DB2 experience
- SQL experience
- 3+ years of Hogan experience
- 5+ years of mainframe experience
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Exposure to Wells Fargo CIS (Customer Information System)
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment, including weekends and holidays
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.