At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Enterprise Database Management Support Services (DMSS) Systems Tools and Utilities (STU) team facilitates the design, development, implementation, and adoption of applications in support the Database Center of Excellence processes for database management. These processes include database asset inventory, patch assessment & reporting, controls compliance, asset management reconciliation, and vulnerability management. The effective delivery and maintenance of this functionality is essential to the risk governance and technology health refresh management of the Wells Fargo enterprise database environment.
The DMSS STU team is seeking an Application Systems Engineer to provide and create coding solutions and technical consultation in support of computer applications and programs. This individual must be able to quickly and efficiently understand and follow department methodologies for systems development lifecycle management, both waterfall and agile.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of DBMS platforms, and demonstrate an understanding of database technical concepts. Candidate must also be able to attend and participate in after hour application release events.
- Provides technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet business requirements.
- Analyzes business requirements, provides estimates for the project, and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications.
- Analyzes existing application functionality in order to define and document changes required to the system in support of end user needs.
- Develops original code and/or makes enhancements to existing code to solution documented requirements and design specifications.
- Participates as needed in compliance, risk and regulatory processes within Wells Fargo.
- Provides direction and guidance to less experienced staff.
- Consults with other developers, business systems consultants, and quality assurance testing groups to provide training, resolve questions, articulate technical solution for test scenario preparation, and provide oversight to standard technical processes for greater efficiencies.
- 5+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 3 + years of technical design experience
- 3+ years of Object Oriented Design (OOD) experience
- 3+ years of scripting experience using Windows Powershell, Unix Shell Scripting, Perl, Python, Java or PL-SQL
- 3+ years of SQL experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- 2+ years of Linux experience
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience and understanding of hardware and software patching concepts
- Demonstrated self-starter
- Demonstated problem solver including creative thinking
- Demonstrated experience working on multiple projects and research support simultaneously
- Ability to be detail oriented and thorough
- Ability to work effectively with business and technical professionals
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Proven abilities working within large, complex projects
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and have skills to lead and direct technical challenges
- 3+ year’s experience in partnering with requestor and/or team business systems consultants in analyzing detailed technology related requirements and specification designs.
- 4+ years developing and/or supporting PHP software
- 3+ year’s experience in adherence to corporate and departmental information technology standards
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.