At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) is a registered investment advisory firm; we focus on managing equity, fixed income and blended portfolios for a variety of institutional clients. We believe professionals with the highest integrity, focused on adding positive relative returns, with disciplined teamwork, will exceed our clients’ expectations.
This Application Systems Developer will act in a high level technical role as an individual contributor and/or team lead for the most complex computer applications and/or application initiatives. Utilizes a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, and existing designs. Works on the most complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variance factors. Plans, performs, and acts as the escalation point for the most complex platform designs, coding, and testing. Leads most complex multiple modeling, simulations, and analysis efforts. Acts as expert technical resource to programming staff in the program development, testing, and implementation.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to analyze investment/business-related problems and quickly and independently translate those problems into technical solutions using the data and toolsets currently available. In addition their experience will include having worked on all aspects of the software development lifecycle along with developing and implementing code under the umbrella of corporate governance guidelines. Overall, candidates should have strong communication skills (both verbal and written), be strong team players, and be able to work independently within the framework of a goal-oriented environment.
Additional Job Details
- Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain research and data visualization applications for the Quant related WFAM teams.
- Develop and maintain ETL services for various WFAM systems.
- Advocate technological practices, which promote correct deliveries which meet or exceed client expectations.
- Provide in-depth technical and systems consultation to internal clients and technical management to ensure alignment with the Enterprise Architecture.
- Maintain in-depth technical knowledge and expertise of the application platform, technology standards and the technical infrastructure of Wells Capital Management Technology.
- Assist in the evaluation and recommendation of infrastructure hardware, software, and services and in the decisions surrounding building or buying systems.
- Develop in a test-driven methodology to ensure robustness of systems to meet SLA goals.
- Maintain documentation for all aspects of areas of responsibility.
- Lead development staff in implementing optimal solutions for areas of responsibility.
Drive for results, convey a sense of urgency and bring issues to closure despite obstacles and opposition. Demonstrate outstanding flexibility, teamwork and responsibility.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of C# experience
- 5+ years of UI (User Interface) experience
- 5+ years of MS SQL server experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience developing, supporting or integrating messaging technology such as Solace, Tibco or MQ
- 5+ years of investment management experience
- Ability to build and deliver innovative, industry leading solutions
- Java experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 5+ years of Desktop development
- Experience working with Quantitative Investment teams
- Experience with C# including UI frameworks such as DevExpress
- Messaging experience with rabbitMQ and/or MSMQ
- Experience with Inversion of Control (loC)
- Experience writing multi-threaded rich clients
- Experience with data modeling and writing SQL queries
- Knowledge and understanding of database design and SQL optimizations
- Ability to support for mission critical information systems
- Ability to handle a heavy workload while remaining focused in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment, be self-motivated and complete assignments with minimal oversight
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.