At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
We are seeking for an experienced Application Systems Engineer with a strong background in systems development to join the Enterprise Risk Technology group for Wells Fargo & Company. As a member of the Risk and Finance technology team, you will have the opportunity to work with a team of technology professionals in four core locations: Charlotte, Phoenix, Bangalore and Hyderabad. The risk and Finance CIO organization provides technology to several lines of businesses including Risk, Compliance, Finance, Audit and Legal with a combined technology spend in excess of $500+MM annually and is a 1100+ person global organization.
The candidate will be responsible for designing, describing and executing the solution architecture across the risk enterprise. They will act in the highest level technical role, partnering with enterprise architecture to find the best technology solution among all possible to solve existing business problems. In doing so, they will describe the structure, characteristics, behavior and other aspects of software to help build strategic risk systems. They will be part of the team that acts as the ‘glue’ to ensure that solutions across the overall Risk platform (UI, data integration, reporting and analytics, etc.) are defined, managed and delivered.
The ideal candidate will also be experienced working in an Agile and collaborative environment with business users and other technology partners. They will be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
Note: Preferred work location is 301 S. Tryon St., Charlotte, NC
- 10+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 10+ years of experience in data management, data modeling, metadata management, master-data management and data movement
- 5 + years of experience designing software solutions using software architecture design principles
- 5+ years of experience with risk technology solution design
- 5 + years of experience analyzing business requirements and transforming those requirements into business rules
- 5+ years of risk identification and documentation experience
- 5+ years of experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Ability to interact effectively and confidently with senior management
- Work Collaboratively and have influence management skills
- Understanding of Enterprise Risk
- Experience in building technology roadmaps, application rationalization
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.