At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wells Fargo Enterprise Core Services Technology is seeking an ETL (Preferably Informatica) and Teradata developer for WDM (Wholesale DataMart) team. WDM team is building a complex active data warehouse system sourcing bank’s wholesale portfolio data from diverse platforms and bringing into a Teradata platform to create a business analytics environment. This team use is leveraging Teradata as main database technology and Informatica as its primary ETL tool.
As a member of the Wholesale Core Services Technology Team you will play an important role in the crucial area of data strategy. The member will be working on design and development ETL applications for various data sourcing and subject area data mart projects; The focus of this role will be to utilize advanced data tools and techniques to build efficient ETL applications for the platform.
- Acts as a core Teradata/ETL developer in application development and support data marts inside the Wholesale Teradata analytic platform
- Candidate will work closely with application lead to understand business requirements, write functional design specs and participate in efficient development delivery and deployment
- Develops documentation as per compliance and support needs
- Participates as needed in compliance, risk and regulatory processes within Wells Fargo
- Interact / Collaborate closely with teammates, DBAs, and interface partners as well as ensuring quality throughout the development lifecycle
- 5+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of data warehouse experience
- 5+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience
- 5+ years of experience with databases such as Oracle, DB2, SQL server, or Teradata
- 3+ years of performance tuning experience
- 2 + years of experience gathering business requirements from various sources including end-users and stakeholders
- 3+ years of application production support experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- Hadoop experience
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Knowledge and understanding of outsourcing vendors and in-house software development teams focused on data solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of technology support: System including business requirement design or review, release management support, test script development and execution, and system issue resolution
- Experience successfully escalating complex issues and tracking follow-through to completion
- 1+ year of JIRA experience
- Cloud computing experience
- Knowledge and understanding of uDeploy
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.