As a member of the Contact Management team you would be part of a group that manages two key applications leveraged by Wells Fargo Advisors (Financial Advisors) and external client financial firms. This includes the enterprise CRM for Wells Fargo Advisors, Contact Management, and Email Express. Contact Management is a vendor application highly integrated/customized within Wells Fargo hosted at Wells Fargo and designed for the financial services industry. The team has built several internal .net applications that interface with the core CRM application. Contact Management represents one of the more heavily used applications on the Wells Fargo Advisors platform. Contact Management includes java, .net components, batch, multiple integration points and Wells Fargo built services. Email Express is an internally developed application providing targeted compliance approved email content for clients leveraging the CRM. The team interacts with several vendors, multiple internal Wells Fargo technology teams and several business partners. The Contact Management team is responsible for code development, testing (along with the external testing team), problem resolution, and tier three production support and project delivery.
The Developer role will provide both technical support and software development for in-house applications as well as Wells Fargo hosted vendor application. The developer will work with diagnostic tools, data base querying, collaborate with vendor technical team, troubleshoot complex application problems for maintaining or restoring service or data to systems, and lead the resolution of issues or escalation as needed to meet established service level agreements.
This team member will prepare programming specifications and complete programming tasks to develop basic, and/or assist in the development of moderately complex, computer solutions. Prepares program test data, tests and debugs programs. The developer’s responsibilities apply to both production support and funded project work (enhancements/bug fixes) for all of the team’s managed applications. The team member should embrace and understand disaster recovery best practices, code quality, and security and compliance requirements for supported areas and analyze changes for risk to the environment. Other team specific responsibilities are listed below:
Primary Role – System /Production Support /Software development/ Assigned Project work
• Serve as only one of two developer for all .net development
- Analysis/Resolution of production support issues
• Serve as one of several developers supporting all applications within team
• Assigned to small enhancement efforts, bug fix efforts or funded projects for code development
• Assist analysts with SQLs to gather metrics and troubleshoot items where applicable
• Provide support of test environments and issue resolution related to those environments
• Complete /contribute to company change management for installs/deployable changes
• Create/update documentation /deliverables tied to both project and business as usual assignments
• Support/ collaborate with vendor(s) and other Wells Fargo teams including the CRM vendor
• Understanding of client certificate management and ability to support it as it relates to team’s applicationsRequired Qualifications
- 5+ years of application development and implementation experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of SQL experience
- 3+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex technical problems
- Knowledge and understanding of Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Ability to be flexible and adjust plans quickly to meet changing business needs
- Ability to manage multiple small to medium sized projects simultaneously
- 3+ years of experience programming in Container IIS and C# / .Net
- 3+ years of experience writing and executing SQL in an Oracle database
- 3+ years of WCF, XML and SOAP experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.