At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wells Fargo Enterprise Core Data Services delivers industry-leading horizontal Data as a service solutions across lines of businesses including client due diligence, cross sell/analytics, reference, common tools and services for data in all lines of business and for customers within Wells Fargo. The goal of our platforms is to provide high quality, standardized, innovative solutions to serve our core business needs in a consistent and efficient way.
The incumbent will work within Wells Fargo Platform and Application support team partnering with development teams, product owners, scrum masters, and with other technology centers of excellence. The production support engineer is responsible for engineering new solutions to improve platform and application stability, including ensuring all availability, architecture, quality, security, support and risk/compliance standards are met for applications in the Core services portfolio.
The Platform team has knowledge of the environments, software, function, performance, availability, capacity and data. We need a diverse group of people with different experience levels to support the transformation, enrichment and timely availability of data assets to business and technical application teams across the enterprise.
- Support and maintain processes that aim to improve the availability, scalability, SLA, and efficiency of Core services platform and application
- Solve problems related to the Core services systems and the buildout of automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service condition
- Influence and create new designs, software, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed system
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning
- Troubleshoot and mitigate problems in mission-critical systems. Advise the team during postmortems on effectively avoiding repeated incident
- Troubleshooting user reported issues and escalated issue
- Assisting production support team members with user reported issues and escalated issue
- Serving as a subject matter expert for other team members regarding data and application functionality
- Partnering with EGS/offshore production support tea
- Works with development teams to identify improvements in application
- Supports application Technology risk execution and compliance initiatives
- On call support for the Enterprise Core data Services systems
- Support ad-hoc report requests for reporting analysis and data issue investigation
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of data warehouse experience
- 7+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience
- 5+ years of experience with databases such as Oracle, DB2, SQL server, or Teradata
- 3+ years of experience leading the requirement design process with both technical and business partners
- 3+ years of UNIX experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Hadoop experience
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate solutions within a geographically dispersed organization
- Experience developing partnerships and collaborating with other business and functional areas
- 1+ year of JIRA experience
- Knowledge and understanding of uDeploy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- 4+ years of data warehouse experience involving data sourcing, data integration , data modeling.
- Experience in Performance tuning of Teradata queries and understanding of Workload management
- Experience in using ETL tools like Informatica, Abinitio and datastage
- Clear understanding of Teradata architecture
- Clear understanding of RDBMS, BI and dimensional modeling concepts
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.