At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Within the Enterprise Business Services Technology (EBST) group in PVSI & Community Bank Technology (CBT), there is an exciting opportunity for a Java/Web Services/Adobe LiveCycle developer who will be involved in developing, implementing and supporting incremental projects for enterprise releases. The position will be part of the development team working in several critical middleware applications like FORMS & Retail Web Services (RWS). The team is looking for a self-motivated/self-directed applications developer/engineer who has experience working on an application(s) that is a web service provider. More specifically, an application that provides multiple web services interacts with multiple SOR/back end systems, communicating via SOAP/REST/JSON messaging over HTTP/s or MQ. Candidates will be responsible for the following but not limited to:
- As a senior developer, you will be responsible for the design, develop and unit tests Java based web services (SOAP/REST) and familiarity with micro-services implementation is must.
- Participate in requirement, design discussions, and come up with solution according to functional specifications.
- As a SME s/he needs to understand complex business requirements and processes through effective analysis (which includes participation in project JAR/JAD sessions and working with other SMEs, architects, business/technology partners to come up solution.
- Translate highly complex business requirements into technical solutions through efficient design and using appropriate tools and technologies
- Provides support for overall systems testing and implementation into the production
- Work with analysis and business teams and provide solution for business problems
- Implement and test unit tests following TDD/BDD/Shift Left methodology as part of SDLC.
- Create necessary design documentation.
- Adhere to the established SDLC processes and best practices
- Troubleshooting production issues and solution implementation
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of JavaEE experience
- 7+ years of Java experience
- 5+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- 2+ years of experience in microservices development
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of Agile experience
- SQL experience
- XML (Extensible Markup Language) experience
- JDBC experience
- JMS (Java Message Service) experience
- Linux experience
- Knowledge and understanding of test driven application development
- 3+ years of experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- Ability to positively influence, motivate, and direct diverse teams in a shift based, decentralized, and geographically dispersed environment
- Knowledge and/or implementation experience with Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Shift Left testing and using Jacoco for code coverage.
- Proven experience in designing, developing and successful deployment of large scale Java/J2EE projects, utilizing best design patterns, tooling and coding practices
- Proven experience in using JDBC and PL/SQL queries in Java with Oracle/DB2
- Experience with SoapUI (or similar tool) for web services simulation testing
- Deep implementation knowledge on Micro-services architecture, framework and design patterns
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.