At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Are you a strong Application Systems Engineer that is looking for an exciting position that provides an opportunity to extend your analytical and consulting skills and work with cutting edge technology? The DevOps Monitoring & Logging Operations team provides 1st & 2nd Level Application Performance Management (APM) services to all Line of Business (LOB) technology teams. Our applications provide vertical and horizontal monitoring capabilities that application teams can leverage to quickly triage performance issues within their applications. We work with wide ranging technologies both in the front end, middleware and back end parts of the application framework.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- On-call rotation support
- Onboarding of applications across Wells Fargo to enable monitoring and alerting with best practices and standard APM tools.
- Verify program monitoring tool configuration by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of configurations to ensure proper monitoring is in production. Provide application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs. Serve as a Subject matter expert on APM tools
- Understanding complex application frameworks and flows and assist with developing and implementing custom monitoring solutions.
- Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
- Demonstrate outstanding communication, flexibility, teamwork and leadership
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of Linux experience
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Windows or Linux Systems Administration background
- Minimum of 3 years of experience providing monitoring tools support for applications built on JAVA or .NET platforms
- Demonstrated experience in several of the following technologies:
- Web/Application Servers: Apache, SunOne/iPlanet, IIS/.NET, Tomcat, Weblogic, Websphere, JBoss
- Network: TCP/IP, span port and/or network tap configuration
- Knowledge of complex heterogeneous multi-tier web applications.
- Experience managing issues, projects, deadlines, and documentations in a client-facing environment.
- Client-facing experience in large heterogeneous complex application environments
- Ability to interact effectively at varying levels of the business and technical organizations, including management.
- Previous experience administering or using any of the following tools: AppDynamics, DynaTrace, IntroScope, TeaLeaf, OpTier, Splunk, HP monitoring suite of tools.
- Must have complete understanding of universal monitoring tools and processes.
- Team player able to cross train and learn different monitoring tools and lines of business needs.
- Complete technical power user of any of these- application performance management AppDynamics, DynaTrace, IntroScope.
- Experience with UNIX shell scripting, Perl or Java is a plus
- Ability to work on call as assigned
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.