Wells Capital Management (“WellsCap”)
As a registered investment advisory firm, we focus on managing equity, fixed income and blended portfolios for a variety of institutional clients. We believe professionals with the highest integrity, focused on adding positive relative returns, with disciplined teamwork, will exceed our clients’ expectations.
This Application Systems Developer will act in a high level technical role as an individual contributor and/or team lead for the most complex computer applications and/or application initiatives. Utilizes a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, and existing designs. Works on the most complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variance factors. Plans, performs, and acts as the escalation point for the most complex platform designs, coding, and testing. Leads most complex multiple modeling, simulations, and analysis efforts. Acts as expert technical resource to programming staff in the program development, testing, and implementation.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to analyze investment/business-related problems and quickly and independently translate those problems into technical solutions using the data and toolsets currently available. In addition their experience will include having worked on all aspects of the software development lifecycle along with developing and implementing code under the umbrella of corporate governance guidelines. Overall, candidates should have strong communication skills (both verbal and written), be strong team players, and be able to work independently within the framework of a goal-oriented environment.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain ETL services for various WellsCap systems
- Develop and maintain GUI applications for various WellsCap systems
- Advocate technological practices which promote correct deliveries which meet or exceed client expectations
- Provide in-depth technical and systems consultation to internal clients and technical management to ensure alignment with the Enterprise Architecture
- Maintain in-depth technical knowledge and expertise of the application platform, technology standards and the technical infrastructure of Wells Capital Management Technology
- Assist in the evaluation and recommendation of infrastructure hardware, software, and services and in the decisions surrounding building or buying systems
- Develop in a test-driven methodology to ensure robustness of systems to meet SLA goals
- Maintain documentation for all aspects of areas of responsibility
- Lead development staff in implementing optimal solutions for areas of responsibility
- Drive for results, convey a sense of urgency and bring issues to closure despite obstacles and opposition. Demonstrate outstanding flexibility, teamwork and responsibility
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 7+ years of C# experience
- Java experience
- 5+ years of UI (User Interface) experience
- 5+ years of MS SQL server experience
- 5+ years of investment management experience
- Agile experience
- Ability to build and deliver innovative, industry leading solutions
- A BS/BA degree or higher
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.