At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Wells Fargo Treasury Management Payments team is seeking an Application System Engineer to support the ACI Relational Gateway application which is an integral part of the new International Wires Platform. This position is on a team working in a fast paced environment with a wide range of business partners, vendors and technology teams. The selected candidate will perform the administrative and technical activities required to support Relational Gateway application, infrastructure and services.
The position includes the following tasks or activities (but not limited to):
- Analyzes business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign technical solutions.
- Leads and/or performs analysis efforts.
- Manages projects and work related tasks, including migration of applications to production.
- Perform various application software installations, configuration changes and configure plug-in software. Monitors system performance and capacity.
- Creates or update documentation related to the activity performed (design document, maintenance procedure, troubleshooting document, etc.).
- Acts as an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, application or system problems, including carrying an on call pager in a team rotation, which may require non-standard hours.
- Troubleshoots problems and takes appropriate corrective action and or interacts with other Technology teams or external vendors in performing complex testing, support and troubleshooting functions.
- Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
- Review code for consistency, quality and performance
- Communicate changes/upgrades to all customers.
- Follow all change and problem management policies.
- Participate in design reviews and ensure application of best practices and standards
- Participate in cross application efforts to share knowledge and bring new developments to the team.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of C# experience
- 5+ years of SQL experience
- 1+ years of advanced scripting experience using Unix Shell Scripting, Perl, Python, Java, or PL-SQL
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 5+ years of Linux experience
- 5+ years of NAS experience
- Previous experience with secure file transmission protocols such as FTP, XML, HTTP/HTTPS, TCP/IP
- Demonstrated experience developing reporting solutions in one or more of the following tools: Cognos, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, SSRS
- Exposure to Unix access control tools (BoKS/Keon) strongly desired
- Experience acting as a liaison between technical and business teams to manage build out and implementation of business intelligence reporting solutions
- Experience with Treasury products, such as ACI Relational Gateway product
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize competing demands within the team, across work teams and with partners
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Ability to work on call as assigned
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.