At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
This is a Senior Hadoop Administrator position responsible for building and managing a world-class big data platform for enterprise data lake in the Enterprise Information Technology group at Wells Fargo.
The Enterprise Data Lake is a core enterprise capability that enables key initiatives that drives the Company’s data transformation, analytics agenda, digitization of products and services, regulatory compliance, and etc. At the center of the Enterprise Data Lake is the big data platform comprised of a rich portfolio of open source products (Hadoop and related eco-system tools), COTS (commercially off-the-shelf) products, and in sourced developed capabilities.
Our mission is to deliver a world-class big data platform for the enterprise to leap frog competition.
We are looking for a highly competent and highly motivated individual to join us. This is a senior Hadoop Administrator position who will work with other technical staffs to manage and support our big data platform. Specifically, this position will involve in the following activities:
- Hadoop cluster administration
- Hadoop cluster expansion
- Hadoop cluster upgrade
- Cluster configuration
- Issue and problem resolution
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Cluster monitoring
- User access provisioning
In addition, this position will be working with our customers as infrastructure solution engineer on assigned projects throughout the complete development cycle. This position also participates in off hours support on a rotational basis.
A successful candidate for this position will have a service-oriented mentality and possess a strong sense of ownership of the problems/requests assigned.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of Linux experience
- 5+ years of Hadoop experience
- 2+ years of advanced scripting experience using Unix Shell Scripting, Perl, Python, Java, or PL-SQL
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 5+ years of experience in deploying and administering Hadoop Clusters
- Previous experience in production support for enterprise-grade systems/applications
- Proven real-world experience in managing YARN, Hive, Spark and HBase to effectively support a multi-tenants and multi-workloads cluster
- Experience in building and managing secured Hadoop cluster
- Experience in building and managing Hadoop cluster for HA (high availability)
- Experience in troubleshooting and performance tuning Hadoop clusters
- Well versed in network and server technologies that are crucial to support Hadoop cluster at scale
- Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems, analyze possible solutions, and determine best course of action to resolve.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Experience working in cross-functional, multi-location teams.
- Experience in managing Hadoop cluster with hundreds+ nodes.
- Experience in cluster expansion
- Experience in MapR is desired
- Development experience in JAVA, MR, Hive, PIG, Sqoop, Flume, and HBASE are desired
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.