Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented team members.
Corporate Model Risk Technology (CMRT) supports Model Inventory, Governance and Validation for all Models developed within Wells Fargo to adhere to the regulatory requirements. CMRT is part of Enterprise Business Technology team within Wells Fargo’s Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) Division. We are seeking a Quants Platform Engineer to support the Model Risk Technologies and applications. Technologies used are state-of-the-art Quants tools which include Python, R, Tensorflow, H2O etc. to implement Quants algorithms such as Gradient Boosting (various implementations), Random Forest, and Neural Networks (Deep Learning NN’s involving recurrent, convolutional, and LSTMs needed for modeling time series and dynamic processes).
Quants Platform Engineer position will manage the Model Risk Compute Environments and is responsible for building and managing CMoR Compute platform for Enterprise Risk Management Technology.
General responsibilities include:
- Partnering with Enterprise Modelling and Validation team for Quant modelling and calculation approach.
- Support the business in the CCAR stress testing and establish a technology roadmap to support the operationalization of modelling platforms.
- CMoR Compute Platform administration.
- Utilizes a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, and existing designs.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variance factors.
- Administer the Compute platform and provide day to day support for the users
- Responsible for supporting Hortonworks Hadoop HDP/HDF platform, Spark clusters, ETL/ELT tools, open source tools (R, Python, Scala/Java) and Visualization tools.
- Provision Notebooks and Development tools and libraries as requested by Model Validators
- Responsible for configuration management of all environments
- Proactively monitor the platform using best practices to ensure optimal performance and resource utilization.
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Streamline build and release activities.
A successful candidate for this position will have a service-oriented mentality and possess a strong sense of ownership of the problems/requests assigned.
The work location is 301 South Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of UNIX experience
- 5+ years of experience with Big Data or Hadoop tools such as Spark, Hive, Kafka and Map
- 5+ years of advanced scripting experience using Unix Shell Scripting, Perl, Python, Java, or PL-SQL
- 2+ years of experience in planning and managing cloud application migration and large scale cloud platform deployment
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- 5+ years of financial services industry experience
- Ability to interact effectively and confidently with senior management
- Experience in using machine learning frameworks and libraries such as H2O, TensorFlow, PyTorch and Caffe
- Experience with installing, configuring, administrating and troubleshooting Data Wrangling tools, Jupyter/Zeppelin Notebooks and tools
- Experience with Configuration and DevOps tools like Chef, Puppet
- Experience working with CI/CD tool like Git, JIRA, Jenkins, Artifactory.
- 3+ years of hands-on configuration experience with Cloud service providers Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or MS Azure.
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.