Wells Fargo Wholesale Technology Services is seeking a lead SWIFT Infrastructure Engineer/Admin to support the SWIFT applications and services within the SWIFT Technology Services team. This position is on a team working in a fast paced environment with a wide range of business partners, vendors and technology teams. The selected candidate will perform the administrative and technical activities required to support SWIFT application, infrastructure and services.
The position includes the following tasks or activities (but not limited to):
- Analyzes business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign technical solutions.
- Leads and/or performs analysis efforts.
- Manages projects and work related tasks, including migration of applications to production.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees updating and testing of the business continuation plan.
- Perform various application software installations, configuration changes and configure plug-in software. Monitors system performance and capacity.
- Monitor system and application changes that have a direct or indirect impact upon SWIFT Services. Forecasts system demands and collaborates with the SWIFT Technical support team to recommend expansion and reconfiguration.
- Create or update documentation related to the activity performed (design document, maintenance procedure, troubleshooting document, etc.).
- Communicate changes/upgrades to all customers.
- May provide direction and/or guidance to less experienced staff.
- Follow change and problem management policies.
- Troubleshoots problems and takes appropriate corrective action and or interacts with other teams within SWIFT Technology Services, the development team, other Technology teams or external vendors in performing complex testing, support and troubleshooting functions.
- As an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems, including carrying an on call pager in a team rotation, which may require non-standard hours occasionally.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7 + years of implementing and supporting SWIFT services such as SWIFTNet, FIN, Interact or Fileact
- 5+ years of UNIX experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- Knowledge and understanding of technology support: troubleshooting highly complex tiered environments
- Knowledge and understanding of networking and security concepts, including, networking protocols, interoperation with firewalls and load balancers
- Experience with SWIFT Alliance line of product.
- Experience with implementing SWIFT services infrastructure.
- Knowledge of basic security protocols and methods.
- Experience with SWIFTNet Browse/Webaccess.
- Knowledge of traffic modelization and statistical analysis.
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.