Do you have a passion for swimming? Are you interested in part-time work that taps into your swimming skills or prior coaching experience? Check out these great opportunities to get involved with an elite USA Swim club, Lake Erie Silver Dolphins, and/or Hawken School, holder of 20 consecutive state championships in girls swimming. We will consider combined roles with increased hours for the right candidate.
Hawken School is seeking experienced lifeguards for part-time hours at each of our pools, in Lyndhurst and Gates Mills. At Lyndhurst, the average workweek will be approximately 10-14 hours per week, between 1pm - 3:30pm Monday through Friday. Additional hours from 3:30pm - 5:30pm are needed for Middle School home swim meets (November - January).
Gate Mills work-shift includes 5:30am-8am and 3pm - 7pm Monday through Friday. Additional evening hours needed during Upper School home swim meets (November - January).
Position is responsible for ensuring the safety of students and for responding to emergency situations in and around the pool.
For more information about Hawken School, please visit www.hawken.edu
The successful candidate will possess a current lifeguard certification, or be willing and able to commit to completion of a certification program by December 1st. First Aid certification is preferred. Mature, friendly and attentive demeanor is required. Must be able to respond appropriately to all emergency situations.
ASSISTANT AGE GROUP COACH (Part-Time)
The Lake Erie Silver Dolphins (LESD) seeks assistant coaches for Northeast Ohio locations of our USA Swimming Club. The coach will manage designated practice groups. This is a part-time position requiring 10-15 hours per week, beginning as soon as possible. The assistant age group coach reports to the LESD Head Coach and the LESD Chief Administrator.
About LESD: we are the top-ranked USA Swim Team in the Lake Erie Swimming District and create opportunities for each swimmer to develop to his/her potential not only in the pool but as a world-class citizen. LESD has six practice locations across Ohio and Pennsylvania and is part of Lake Erie Swimming LSC with novice to Olympic level athletes. LESD coaches have a unique opportunity to collaborate with each other, coach other swimmers at meets, travel to high profile meets, and grow their coaching skills and careers.
ASSISTANT AGE GROUP COACH RESPONSIBILITIES
We seek dynamic and passionate coaches who are committed to expanding swimmers' abilities, and working collaboratively with the LESD coaching team. Responsibilities include:
- Coach and manage practice groups, and provide daily feedback to every swimmer
- Teach stroke technique and endurance
- Collaborate with other LESD Coaches
- Plan workout routines
- Interact positively with parents, swimmers, and other coaches
- 1+ years coaching and workout/season planning experience required
- Strong leadership skills, and mentality to "keep swimming fun"
- Positive, education-based approach with school age children
- Ability and commitment to work, train, and instruct multiple practice groups in the afternoon every day. Hours will change during holiday breaks and summer.
- Ability to attend majority of swim meets where LESD swimmer(s) are participating
- Strong stroke technique and endurance background; patience working with younger swimmers
- Strong customer service and decision making skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Knowledge of Hytek Meet Manager, Team Manager, and Team Unify, team administration skills are appreciated