Job ID 38984
Position Location US-FL-Maitland
Alternate Position Location Orlando/FL;Maitland/FL
Facility Name Consulate Health Care - Maitland
Job Category Finance - Billing
Position Status FT (Full Time)
Purpose of Your Job Position
As a Consulate Health Care employee, you are entrusted with the responsibility of carrying out your daily tasks and assigned duties while demonstrating Consulate’s Core Values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. You are expected to provide innovative, responsible results with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results. The primary purpose of your job position is to manage the facility accounts
As AR Billing Specialist, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for maintaining low A/R and bad debt for assigned payors. This position focuses on the billing and collections of HMO, Managed Care, and Co-Insurance accounts. This position is a non-supervisory function. This job description does not
list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time, for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain communication with Business Office Managers, Regional Directors of Business Office Services and others responsible for payment of resident care services; Ensure all are kept current regarding account status.
- Generate timely billing of claims.
- Follow up on outstanding claims in accordance with department guidelines.
- Advise of any address/phone # changes to payer plans.
- Maintain current and accurate computer data.
- Attend meeting and in-service training sessions, as appropriate.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures.
- Must be computer literate, excellent working knowledge of all pertinent software.
- Prepare and submit reports in regard to insurance billing, as required.
- Must stay in compliance with all state, federal, and government agencies.
- Embrace Consulate’s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect, and passion, and incorporate them into one’s daily job function.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Conduct oneself with the highest degree of honesty and integrity in every interaction.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high diploma or its equivalent, two-year degree preferred
- Must possess a minimum of one (1) year of third party billing experience in a healthcare setting, preferably for Skilled Nursing Facility billing criteria.
- Must have experience with Excel and Microsoft Office programs.
- Must possess knowledge of and demonstrated skill with the pertinent billing software.
- Must possess the ability to prioritize duties and responsibilities.
- Must be knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications, and other office equipment.
- Works in office areas.
- Moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Works beyond normal working hours, weekends and holidays and on other shifts/positions as necessary.
- Is subject to call back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
- Is involved with government agencies and personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients