Job ID 38979
Position Location US-FL-Maitland
Facility Name Consulate Health Care - Maitland
Job Category Finance - Accounts Receivables
Position Status FT (Full Time)
Purpose of Your Job Position
As a Consulate Health CareCash Poster,you are entrusted with the responsibility of carrying out your daily tasks and assigned duties while demonstrating Consulate’s Core Values of Compassion, Honesty,
Integrity, Respect and Passion. You are expected to provide innovative, responsible results with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results. The primary purpose of your job position is to be responsible for the posting
of facility receivables and meeting corporate goals for cash posting timelines.
As a Cash poster, you are delegated the responsibility and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for managing the posting cash related to Accounts Receivable transactions. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance
of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time, for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Post all payments from Medicare, Medicaid, HMO/Insurance, etc. related to A/R transactions within department guidelines.
- Balance all cash transactions.
- Review of billing deposit logs and posting journals to ensure systems are in balance.
- Compare billing logs to checks to be received to ensure timely posting.
- Research and review cash posting discrepancies and make corrections as necessary.
- Assist facility office managers and CBO with complex accounts receivables questions re: cash posting reconciliations.
- Review and process refunds in accordance with department policies.
- Research credit balance accounts for resolution/refund as required.
- Process/post adjustments/write-offs to A/R system.
- Record daily collection of cash receipts and deposit to appropriate account.
- Complete month end close in a timely manner.
- Adhere to established reporting procedures and ensure that the numbers balance.
- Maintain current and accurate computer data.
- Attendance required at all meetings at the discretion of your Manager.
- Must be computer literate, excellent working knowledge of all pertinent software.
- Timely information reporting.
- Must stay in compliance with all state, federal, and government agencies
- Embrace Consulate Health Care’s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect, and passion, and incorporate them into daily job function.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Conduct oneself with the highest degree of honesty and integrity in every interaction.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a minimum of a High School degree or equivalent.
- Must possess two (2) years experience related to cash posting, preferably in a health care environment.
- Experience in bookkeeping, banking, or accounting practices highly desired.
- Experience in health care accounting preferred but not required.
- Must posses the ability to review and interpret remittance advices.
- Must have experience with Excel and Microsoft Word programs.
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, coordinating, and organizational skills
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language and possess good communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of teamwork and team concept.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing training practices.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents and staff.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety to other individuals in the workplace
- Works in office areas, as well as throughout the facility when necessary.
- Moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Works beyond normal working hours, weekends and holidays and on other shifts/positions as necessary.
- Is subject to call back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
- Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the workday, as well as to reactions from dust, disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other air contaminants.
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
- Communicates with nursing personnel, and other department personnel.
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, personnel, visitors, etc.
- Is involved with residents, family members, personnel, visitors, government agencies and personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients