Job ID 39754
Position Location US-FL-Maitland
Alternate Position Location Orlando/FL;Maitland/FL
Facility Name Consulate Health Care - Maitland
Job Category Finance - Accounts Receivables
Position Status FT (Full Time)
Purpose of Your Job Position
As a Consulate Health Care employee, you are entrusted with the responsibility of carrying out your daily tasks and assigned duties while demonstrating Consulate’s Core Values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. You are expected to provide innovative, responsible results with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results. The primary purpose of your job position is to manage all patient billing systems and functions within those systems to ensure timely and accurate billing.
As Billing Manager, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time, for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as subject matter expert and is responsible for staying abreast of the functionality of the patient billing systems.
- Evaluates billing systems and determines most efficient method to process bills and generate claims.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining best practices for billing patient claims across the organization.
- Serve as key point of contact to monitor and resolve billing issues within the billing systems.
- Identify and provide solutions to billing rejections and errors to achieve clean claim rate goals.
- Evaluates denial trends and investigates root causes to provide recommendations for improvement.
- Responsible for maintaining all bill formats in the billing systems.
- Responsible for converting claims to electronic submission, including capture of electronic remits for primary and secondary payers.
- Works closely with the training team to train staff on billing procedures and use of the billing system.
- Assists other managers and teams with complex issues.
- Participates in and assists with the coordination of process improvements and overall strategic plan implementation.
- Timely information reporting.
- Must remain in compliance with all state, federal, and government agencies.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Embrace Consulate Health Care’s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect, and passion, and incorporate them into daily job function.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Conduct oneself with the highest degree of honesty and integrity in every interaction.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform all other business-related duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of both education and experience.
- Must possess a minimum of (3) years of health care billing & collecting experience, preferably in Skilled Nursing Facilities.
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of and demonstrated skill with billing software, preferably Point Click Care and SSI.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations to top management, public groups and boards of directors.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Proficient personal computer skills to include electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet applications, graphics, etc.
- Prioritize, organize and delegate assignments.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, coordinating, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language and possess good communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide training appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of teamwork and team concept.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing training practices.
- Must possess the ability to plan and develop new programs.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents and staff.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety to other individuals in the workplace.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients