JOB SUMMARYCreates and maintains portions of the Enterprise Architecture Strategy which includes the overall Data Strategy, Frameworks, Reference Architectures and Libraries. Explores emerging business functions and technology and serves as an champion for new ideas and technologies that have potential benefit either to increase revenue or improve efficiencies. Utilizes proofs of concept and prototype strategies to bring ideas to life. Ensures that the Strategy and Frameworks serve as a how-to-guide to quickly enable the adoption of emerging technology and promote reuse and agility. Works side-by-side with other IT groups such as Development and Enterprise Technology to closely align strategy with delivery and drive adoption. Designs, models, and implements new systems architectures. Conduct technical walk-through sessions, participate in pre- and post- implementation project reviews, and ensure that architecture designs are developed, maintained, and accessible. Serves as a senior technical consultant and applies expertise across multiple application / business domains.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, maintain and make accessible Enterprise Architecture Strategy.
- Design, develop, maintain and make accessible Enterprise Framework and Reference Architecture.
- Consult with customers to solve business problems by adapting current technology and/or capitalizing on emerging technology for competitive advantage.
- Use knowledge of industry and business to design technology solutions to meet the strategic objectives of the customer.
- Work with external vendors to establish a pipeline into emerging technologies.
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies for applicability and benefit to HR Block.
- Drive adoption by evangelizing technologies that have applicability and benefit to HR Block.
- Develop prototypes and proof-of-concepts to bring ideas to life.
- Conduct presentations to large audiences both internal as well as external to HR Block.
- Conduct technical walk-through sessions.
- Participate in pre and post implementation project review.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related, or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- Overall nine plus years experience in technology design, development ,implementation and support functions.
- Experience with a diverse set of platforms and technologies, as well as, experience with structured methods and the software development life cycle.
- In depth experience within one or more technical domains such as development technologies or tools, programming languages, DBMS technologies, hardware platforms, operating systems, security, applications, or messaging.
- In depth experience within one or more business domains equivalent to HRB business units such as Retail Tax, Digital Tax, Financial Advisors, Mortgage or RSM McGladrey.
- Experience with large complex systems.
- Hands on development and administration of applications and systems.
- Demonstrated research, analytical, critical thinking, decision-making, consulting and problem solving skills.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Ability to develop creative solutions.
- Ability to work with limited direct supervision.
- Project management skills including ability to manage and prioritize multiple and conflicting priorities, organization skills, planning skills.
- Experience in the development of tax software.
- Three plus years experience managing the delivery of large complex systems..
- Experience with distributed applications in a disconnected state.