Primary Location: United States-MN-MNBemidji
REM North Star
Apply with REM North Star as an Area Director and join our amazing team of professionals who are making a difference in the lives of others every day!
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities; children with emotional, behavioral or medical complexities; children and adults with brain injury. As an Area Director with REM North Star you’ll be one of those special people.
For REM North Star and The MENTOR Network the Area Director is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
To that end, the Area Director role is a fantastic role to continue your career path in Social and Human Services with a myriad of career options to move up and across the organization.
The Area Director is responsible to supervise services for people with disabilities within a region or portion of a region. The Area Director may supervise Intermediate Care Facilities, Semi-Independent Living Services, Waivered and other related Services. The Area Director supervises assigned Program Directors and is responsible for the operation of specific sites or services including program services, personnel management, financial management, physical plant, county and consumer relations and quality enhancement programs. The Area Director also ensures compliance with applicable state and federal standards. Above all, the Area Director is responsible to protect and promote the health, safety and well-being of the people served.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree in human services preferred
- Three to six years of experience significant management experience in the human services industry
- Skilled in written and oral communication, community relations and service development
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable federal and state regulations
- Demonstrated ability in areas of leadership, personnel, program operation and fiscal management
- Other education and experience plus licensure as required by state
- Valid driver’s license and driving record that meets driving record requirements as defined by the Company
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 30 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
Apply today as an Area Director in Bemidji and join our fantastic team of professionals!EOE/AAE