Primary Location: United States-IN-INIndianapolis
Indiana MENTOR is seeking an Area Director supporting our Indianapolis office. We offer a supportive team environment, career advancement opportunities, and a family-oriented culture to complement our benefits package.
An Area Director will manage all operational aspects of a designated region which includes census, staffing, cost reporting, training, curriculum, corporate initiative implementation and budget management and oversight. Provide direction, leadership and supervision of professional and other staff at the program site to carry out operations and ensure safety plus quality services to consumers. In addition, the Area Director will ensure compliance with applicable state and federal standards.
Indiana MENTOR offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Generous Paid Time Off Schedule
- One of the largest national networks of human service providers
- Opportunities for advancement both locally and nationally
- Flexible Spending
- Short Term Disability
- Mileage reimbursement
- Access to employee discounts with various vendors
We also support the non-traditional benefits of:
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Indiana MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network. Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 26,000 consumers in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, social work, psychology or other related field
- Master’s degree in Human Services preferred
- Three to six years of related experience with significant management experience in the human services industry
- Very strong leadership experience
- Strong financial background
- Strong organizational and negotiating skills
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and implementation
- Ability to solve problems, take risks, inspire confidence and facilitate communication
- Other education and experience, plus licensure as required by state.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Strong Word, Excel and Outlook experience
About Indiana MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network:
Indiana MENTOR offers home and community-based services to children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, as well as autism spectrum disorders, mental health challenges, physical disabilities with complex medical needs and brain injury. With program locations throughout the area, Indiana MENTOR offers a range of residential services with supports tailored to the needs of each individual as well as hourly support and respite services designed to allow each individual to be as independent as possible.