Primary Location: United States-NV-NVLas Vegas
Looking to take your Human Services career to the next level? We have an opening for an Area Director serving the greater Las Vegas area. Oversee the delivery of quality services and daily operations for the programs in the assigned area (Las Vegas, NV). Provide oversight for Quality Improvement, Census, Fiscal Management, Staff Recruitment and Developmenting, ensuring the overall success of those programs. Have a real impact on the delivery of important services to those we serve while working with an amazing team of dedicated professionals.
- Ensure the individuals we serve are cared for with the utmost quality and attention.
- Team with HR to provide direction, leadership, supervision, and training for all staff at the program sites to carry out operations and ensure quality services to those we serve.
- Oversee area quality enhancement and implementation plan, coordinating Network standards, licensing requirements and individual consumers’ needs.
- Implement area core growth strategy to increase census, maximize utilization and occupancy percentages, and assist with new start development.
- Maintain area compliance with Network and regulatory standards for clean, neat, safe living and working environments. Ensure pleasant, age-appropriate, well-decorated home-like residential living environments. Direct area maintenance needs.
- Maintain and foster relations with case managers and referral agents. Build relationships with local legislators and government officials, and lobby on behalf of consumers and The Network
- Implement area strategies to maintain and foster relations with individuals served, mentors, families and guardians.
- Oversee financial performance of the area business unit to meet performance guidelines. Work closely with the Regional Director, providing oversight of financial statements, purchasing, billing compliance and documentation.
- Provide leadership including direct supervision of Program Directors, working indirectly with their teams. Partner with regional support team to ensure Network and State best quality and safety practices are in place.
- Partner with HR resources on recruitment needs, employee relations issues, safety trainings, and performance issues. Oversee area safety and workers’ compensation implementation. Approve area involuntary terminations and review written warnings. Assist with employee orientation, onboarding, and training programs.
- Oversee development and implementation of area health and safety programs for consumers and employees.
- Implement area incident management protocol; ensure timely incident reporting and implementation of corrective action. Assist with area investigations.
- Maintain licensing and compliance for area services and supports; assure timely and accurate documentation; oversee area implementation of Network compliance plan.
What we ask of you:
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree in human services preferred.
- 5 - 7 years of human services experience required with a minimum of 3 years in supervisory or management role.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and spoken)
- A focus on Quality in everything you do.
- Demonstrated experience with juggling multiple priorities while remaining focused on staff and service quality
- Ability to understand financials, work effectively with the finance team
- Competitive salary, benefits, Paid Time Off, and 401(k) with company matching
- High impact work, where you can see the results of your efforts on a daily basis
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Family-oriented environment
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- Advancement opportunities within our nation-wide Network
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. REM Nevada is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services. With 30,000 employees serving 30,000 individuals in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!