Area Director (LMFT/LCSW)
Primary Location: United States-CA-CARiverside
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve.
As an Area Director with California MENTOR, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. This position supports Program Directors and their operations in a variety of service lines in the Riverside County area. We seek a passionate leader who has successfully directed program staff and has the ability to provide high quality services in multiple programs and service lines. In this role you will lead Program Directors to develop and implement meaningful supports for those we serve with the collaboration of your Regional Director, Quality Assurance and Human Resources team. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
Manages the operations within Riverside County for an intensive community based Outpatient mental health program. Provides direction, leadership and supervision of professional and other staff at the program site to carry out operations and ensure quality services to persons being served. Ensures compliance with applicable State and Federal standards.
- Manages the operations within the entirety of Riverside County (Western, Mid-County, and Desert regions). Provides direction, leadership and supervision of professional and other staff at the program site to carry out operations and ensure quality services to persons being served.
- Responsible for financial performance of the area business unit, reviews financial statements, oversees purchasing, assures billing compliance and documentation.
- Implements area core growth strategy to increase census, maximize utilization and occupancy percentages, and assists with new start development as appropriate.
- Maintains and fosters relations with community stakeholders, and referral agents; participates in building relationships with local legislators and government officials; and lobbies on behalf of persons being served, and Network as appropriate.
- Implements area strategies to maintain and foster relations with persons being served, families and guardians.
- Oversees area quality enhancement and implementation plan, coordinating Network standards, licensing requirements and individual persons being served needs; and reviews area incident reporting.
- Implements area incident management protocol; ensures timely incident reporting and implementation of corrective action; and assists with area investigations.
- Oversees development and implementation of area health and safety programs for persons being served and employees; and supervises area nurses as applicable.
- Maintains area compliance with Network and regulatory standards for clean, neat, safe living and working environments; and assures pleasant, age-appropriate, well-decorated home-like residential living environments; and directs area maintenance.
- Provides leadership including direct supervision of Program Directors and/or other staff; works with regional support team; implements Network employee practices; oversees area safety and workers’ compensation implementation; approves area involuntary terminations and reviews written warnings; and assists with employee orientation and training programs.
- Maintains licensing and compliance, including Medi-Cal certification, for area services and supports; assures timely and accurate documentation; oversees area implementation of Network compliance plan; and assists with correction orders and over-sees implementation of compliance plans.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
If you have leadership experience and a passion for those we serve… we want to hear from you!
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution in Social Work, or Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Minimum two-years post licensure as either a Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapy (LMFT), and in good standing with Board of Behavioral Services (BBS).
- Experience with working in a community mental health setting in Riverside County.
- Good written and oral communication skills, ability to develop and conduct training sessions and ability to develop policy and procedures: able to interface with both clinical, administrative (i.e. data entry/support services) and management staff.
- Knowledge of documentation requirements for respective funding sources, specifically Medi-Cal and Riverside University Health System Behavioral Health.
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual bonus plan
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including paid CEU opportunities, career development and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. California MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!