Primary Location: United States-CA-CARedding
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities. As an Area Director with California MENTOR you’ll be one of those special people.
For California MENTOR and The MENTOR Network the Area Director is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
California MENTOR is seeking an Area Director to manage the operations within a community. Area Directors provide direction, leadership and supervision of professional and other staff at the program site to carry out operations and ensure quality services to consumers. The Area Director also ensures compliance with applicable state and federal standards.
- Responsible primarily for 4-5 programs including Family Host Home and specialized Residential Homes with expanded responsibilities to other service lines with growth.
- Ensure the care for the individuals we serve is the utmost quality as well as providing support staff with operational training.
- Review and recommend policies and procedures to enhance program efficiency, and use technical and analytical tools to measure performance and productivity.
- Responsible for the planning, implementation, and oversight of all aspects of business/program development.
- Overseeing the recruitment and development of all professional staff and independent contractors.
- Manages staff professional development.
- Hires and supervises program staff, evaluates program and staff performance for quality assurance and utilization.
- Oversees clinical and crisis management and assures service delivery and compliance with all regulatory, contractual, corporate and legal requirements.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with families, Regional Centers and regulatory agencies.
- Assisting in marketing development of new business and projecting revenue and monitoring monthly expenses.
- Ensures that all records are accurate, up to date, and are in compliance with legal and corporate requirements.
- Ensures authorizations for services and oversees appropriate interface with billing system and other operating units as necessary to meet company requirements.
- As needed, manages the program in the absence of the Program Director
- Bachelors degree required
- Masters degree in human services preferred
- Three to six years of experience significant management experience in the human services industry
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Strong follow through to ensure quality services and regulations are met
- Ability to analyze financial metrics and adhere to budget requirements
- Ability to quickly and strategically address business concerns
- High energy, goal-oriented, and an ability to inspire people
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
What we offer you:
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual bonus plan
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including paid CEU opportunities, career development and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. California MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!