Primary Location: United States-MO-MOSaint Louis
Description Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities. As an Area Director with Missouri MENTOR, you’ll be one of those special people. To that end, the Area Director role is a fantastic role to continue your career path in Social and Human Services with a myriad of career options to move up and across the organization.
Missouri MENTOR is seeking an Area Director to manage the operations of the Host Home Program around the Saint Louis area. Area Directors provide direction, leadership and supervision of professional and other staff at the program site to carry out operations and ensure quality services to consumers. The Area Director also ensures compliance with applicable state and federal standards.
Some responsibilities include:
- Responsible for financial performance of the area business unit, reviews financial statements, oversees purchasing, assures billing compliance and documentation.
- Implements area core growth strategy to increase census, maximize utilization and occupancy percentages, and assists with new start development as appropriate.
- Maintains and fosters relations with case managers and referral agents; participates in building relationships with local legislators and government officials; and lobbies on behalf of consumers as appropriate Implements area strategies to maintain and foster relations with consumers, mentors, families and guardians; and implements consumer satisfaction enhancement plans as appropriate
- Bachelors degree required
- Masters degree in human services preferred
- Three to six years of experience significant management experience in the human services industry
- Supervisory experience required
- Other education and experience plus licensure as required by state