H&R Block, the world’s leader in tax preparation services, is looking for an Area Manager to lead a team of 40-60 highly trained Tax Professionals at up to four H&R Block retail tax offices. H&R Block Area Managers play an essential leadership role and are responsible for delivering top-line and bottom-line business results. This is a great opportunity for retail store management professionals who are passionate about advancing their career while helping a dynamic team win on customer experience.
What you’ll do…
- Effectively lead and manage a large team of associates across multiple locations
- Ensure strong customer experiences for both new and returning clients
- Obtain new clients through effective local marketing plan execution
- Embrace continuous learning and participate in customized training and ongoing leadership development opportunities
- Utilize strong organizational skills to plan and manage day-to-day office operations in multiple locations
- Provide guidance and demonstrate core leadership behaviors to grow and development associates
What you’ll bring to the role…
- High school diploma or GED; Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field OR an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Minimum of three years of related experience working in a retail environment; prefer a minimum of two years of retail management experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Assertive, proactive management approach
- Results-driven with strong business acumen skill set
- Customer service experience
- Good decision-making skills and the ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise independent judgment with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated aptitude for business plan execution and desire to grow the business
- Interpersonal and client-orientation skills focused on actively seeking to understand and meet client needs
- Must possess or demonstrate supervisory and facilitation/training skills
About H&R Block…
H&R Block’s purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We’ve been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we’ve grown to have approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it’s how determined, forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our leadership is. We believe it’s all those things, and much more.