Provide security detail as outlined in the post orders and establish working relationships with customers, local law enforcement and fire departments. Security personnel will always perform job duties with a constant awareness of surroundings, making note of any and all activity that takes place in the assigned area. At no time shall the Armed Security Officer be regarded as equivalent to or a substitute for law enforcement. Armed Security Officers must maintain a professional image and demonstrate excellent customer service at all times.
Armed Security Officers will only support operations where there is a greater danger to life safety without the weapon and it may be reasonably expected for the Armed Security Officer to use fatal force.
- Control of entrances and movement of pedestrian and vehicle traffic.
- Patrol of buildings and perimeters.
- Escort of material and personnel.
- Inspection of security and fire exposures.
- Special assignments.
Duties may vary depending on department size, organizational structure, geographic location and post assignments. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow for certain ADA requirements. Overall general function of officers is to provide security detail as described below (Note: duties may vary depending on post orders):
The following are the minimum qualifications that an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Please note that the minimum qualifications may vary based upon the department size and/or geographic location.
· Armed Security Officers must be thoroughly proficient in the use of arms before carrying them. Training qualifications include proper handling of firearms and live range firing. The live range firing should be conducted using the weapon carried by the Officer and the records should include the serial number of the weapon. Each weapon has its own firing characteristics and the officer should be able to testify to complete familiarity with the weapon in a firing situation.
· High School Diploma and/or equivalent (GED).
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
· Minimum 3 – 6 months prior experience in loss prevention, life safety, Security
· Pass Regulated Drug Test .
· A security officer is to be honest, alert and well disciplined as the custodians of employee and customer property and safety.
· Constant and dedicated vigilance.
· Strong customer service skills, exemplifying Andy Frain Services Mission Statement.
· Ability to be a hands-on, results oriented employee, handling multiple priorities simultaneously.
· Ability to facilitate progressive change, work as part of a team, follow directions and continually improve.
· Work with a sense of urgency.
· Strong oral and written communications skills.
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow for certain ADA requirements.
· Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers.
· Pushing/pulling/carrying lifting may include up to 50 lbs, stair climbing.
· Normal vision or corrected by use of glasses and/or contacts for normal reading and viewing abilities.
- Ability to twist, turn, bend, stand, climb stairs and walk as required to perform the duties associated with functioning as a security officer.
This description portrays in general terms the type and level(s) of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor the specific duties of any one incumbent. Andy Frain Services reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in the position description, in the Company’s sole and absolute discretion. Duties other than those expressly specified may be assigned from time to time.