Department:OH1MH_80000_001 Security Mce
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Our colleagues are proud to go the extra mile. This dedication to doing what's right – and working together to make it all happen for our patients – is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. Our Clinical Support teams ensure that success every day, and Mount Carmel ensures they have the resources and opportunities to succeed.
Job Description Details:Job Description
The Safety and Security Officer is responsible for providing protective services to all persons and property across the Mount Carmel Health System. Provides a quality service consistent with the values of Mount Carmel Health System for our associates, physicians, patients and visitors.
- Ensuring a safe environment for all associates, physicians, patients, and visitors in compliance with various regulatory standards to include, JC, OSHA, ect.
- Provides escorts for associates, patients, visitors and students (where located) in the hospital areas and areas contiguous to the hospital areas.
- High School Diploma
- Experience: Three to five years experience in security, law enforcement or military disciplines or equivalent training which might include criminal justice, homeland security, or law enforcement academy is preferred.
- Valid Ohio State driver's license
- Receipt of Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy certificate of completion prior to being assigned a shift as an Armed Safety and Security Officer for Mount Carmel.
- Effective Communication Skills
Elevating the standards of care begins at Mount Carmel. No matter what role you play, working with us means being a part of a team focused on excellence. Join us today.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.