About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,700 locations, 12,500 ATMs, and the internet (wellsfargo.com), and has offices in 36 countries to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 265,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 29 on Fortune’s 2014 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
People as a competitive advantage: Wells Fargo values and supports our team members as a competitive advantage. We strive to attract, develop, retain, and motivate the most talented, caring team members who work together as partners across businesses and functions. Our culture is about plural pronouns — we, us, and ours — instead of I, me, and mine. The star of the team is the team; we win by playing “us” ball. We say “team members,” not “employees,” because our people are resources to be invested in, not expenses to be managed — and because teamwork is essential to our success in helping customers.
Ethics: Wells Fargo strives to be recognized by our stakeholders as setting the standard among the world’s great companies for integrity and principled performance. We believe that honesty, trust, and integrity are essential for meeting the highest standards of corporate governance. This is more than just doing the right thing. We also have to do it in the right way. We have to earn our customers’ trust every day by behaving ethically; rewarding open, honest, two-way communication; and holding ourselves accountable for the decisions we make and the actions we take.
What’s right for customers: We value what’s right for our customers in everything we do. Our customers are our friends. We treat them as our guests. We want them to be successful. We want them to feel as if they’re part of Wells Fargo — that we’re their company. We want to be approachable and caring, exceed their expectations, and invest in relationships that last a lifetime. One of our top priorities is protecting customers’ confidential data and information. Customers trust us to use that information to provide them with products and services that can save them time and money. They expect the company to help guide them, help grow and protect their financial assets, and help them succeed financially.
Diversity and inclusion: We want to build and sustain a diverse and inclusive culture for all Wells Fargo team members — one where they feel valued and respected for who they are as well as for the skills and experiences they bring to our company. We want team members to feel comfortable and enjoy being part of our community, knowing they can build a career here and help the company succeed. We value and promote diversity in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Leadership: We believe every Team Member is called to be a leader and this is not the exclusive domain of managers. Leaders are accountable. They share the credit and shoulder the blame. They give others the responsibility and opportunity for success. Good leaders inspire teams to have confidence in their leadership; great leaders inspire team members to have confidence in themselves. Leaders consider themselves equal partners in a team effort to achieve our vision. When the team needs help, leaders pitch in just like everyone else. Leaders are involved. They’re hands-on and available. They take personal ownership for a customer’s problem and don’t let go until that problem is solved. No one tells them to do it; they just do it.
The Artificial Intelligence Enterprise Solutions team enables the enterprise to leverage the full capabilities of AI for delivering insightful and personalized experiences for customers and team members, driving greater operational efficiency, and better managing risk.
The AI Enterprise / Transformation Leader will play a critical role, working across the enterprise, building out an internal AI consulting practice. This practice will work to understand the current operational plans and longer strategic visions for businesses across the company and deeply embed solution / transformation consultants into those businesses to identify business challenges and opportunities that can be solved with Artificial Intelligence. As part of the identification process, business challenges and opportunities need to be translated into the corresponding capabilities that are best suited to address them and transformational roadmaps are needed to articulate the near-term wins and the longer-term vision.
Thinking differently, identifying transformational opportunities, and powerful storytelling are critical components of what we do to help accelerate change across the company. To accomplish this, the AI / Transformation Leader will work side-by-side with business leaders to understand their challenges, identify solutions, and create a vision that tells the story for why, how, and what we need to do to move forward. This leader has three primary responsibilities:
Act as a senior resource that contributes to the build out of an internal consulting / transformation practice, inclusive of developing engagement models, frameworks, and intake processes that are scalable and repeatable. Develop strategies and the corresponding storytelling that are needed to articulate how we build for the future today.
Manage a portfolio of engagements and lead a team, inclusive of the coaching and development necessary to employ critical thinking and creative solutioning to identify and move forward high-value opportunities that thoughtfully transform Wells Fargo’s businesses.
Proactively reach out to assigned businesses to generate awareness around emerging technologies / transformational opportunities, while also identifying, planning, and kicking-off the execution of high-value initiatives through comprehensive strategies and storytelling.
This leader will need to partner with business, data science, legal / compliance, operations, risk, and technology stakeholders to generate awareness and then identify ideas, define a plan, guide solution development, and ensure adherence to all required policies and procedures in order to deliver on established priorities. This leader will focus on the ideation phase, brainstorming ways to apply the right AI disciplines to address challenges, underscoring how these fit into broader transformational strategies, and identifying how and when to move forward, based on capacity, priority, value, etc.
Understanding enough of the technology and data science to be able to have intelligent and productive conversations with analytic and technology partners is imperative. Being forward-leaning in one’s approach, while grounded in logic and the pragmatic reality of how to build today, while creating the foundation for something loftier tomorrow, is also imperative. Creative solutioning and out-of-the-box thinking is essential, along with building and maintaining meaningful relationships with partners and stakeholders.
This is an opportunity to join a start-up within a large organization. Be flexible and adaptable – this is an evolving space, we’re going to learn, things will change. Be curious and creative – help us find solutions and chart the course. Be action-oriented – we need to roll up our sleeves, work hard, and get a lot of stuff done. Need to be willing to act as an individual contributor for the foreseeable future; team is just beginning to form, this role has potential to grow in scope, however we are too early on to predict that with certainty.Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- 8+ years of management experience in a planning environment
- 5+ years of change management experience
- 5+ years of consultative business analysis experience
- 5+ years of experience coaching and developing a team
- Experience successfully leading complex broad Change Management initiatives with experience in home and consumer finance or financial services businesses in a regulated environment
- Ability to develop improvement processes and implementation strategies to ensure rapid business communications and response plan activation
- Ability to manage initiatives involving process improvements
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Facilitation skills, including ability to facilitate decision-making and broker agreements amongst diverse, differing, and/or conflicting perspectives/priorities
- Knowledge and understanding of communications development in financial services industry especially related to mitigating brand and operational risks
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Experience and high comfort level holding people accountable for deliverables
- Ability and adept at proactively managing risk by anticipating, identifying, analyzing, and minimizing risks over the course of a project
- Ability to drive projects from concept to implementation and identify support resources needed to ensure successful integration
- Direct experience with AI platforms and technologies, and how they’ve been applied to address business challenges and opportunities
- Familiar with various AI disciplines such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing
- Broad understanding of Financial Services and general banking operations
- Product Management or business development experience
- Technical background and understanding
- Creative thinking; great at brainstorming, ultimately helping turn ideas into action
- Learn quickly, show depth of understanding
- Great partner, collaborator, adept at finding and crafting solutions
- Excellent communicator, skilled giving presentations
- Occasional-to-frequent travel
- Other Wells Fargo locations will be considered
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.