Now Hiring ASE Certified Technicians!
Gas and Diesel Techs
Do you have light & medium duty diesel or automotive experience? Join our team at our East Hartford, CT location!
Why pick First Transit? Glad You Asked!
- Excellent pay based on qualifications– Hourly Rate (NOT Flat Rate)
- Consistent year-round work!
- ASE training and testing materials provided - Earn more money for each certification you obtain!
- Growth potential - Advance your career as Shop Manager, Region Maintenance Manager, or work in our Greyhound, First Student, & First Vehicle Services divisions across North America!
- Ongoing training - learn and work on gas and diesel vehicles
- Training which is on the cutting edge of transportation with technology
FLEET DIESEL AND GAS TECHNICIAN JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Test drives repaired equipment.
- Inspects and services vehicles
- Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
FLEET DIESEL TECHNICIAN JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Technical school training preferred
- Previous Diesel or Automotive experience
- ASE Certification in the Automotive or Diesel field
- Subject to a background check and drug screen
Now is the time to enhance your career…not just pursue another job. You do not want to miss out on this tremendous opportunity!
Apply today to become a part of our team!
Equal Opportunity Employer