At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
This individual will be a senior member of Wells Fargo’s engineering team working on the customization and deployment of a private cloud computing Infrastructure as a Service offering called Private Cloud Enablement. Will serve as a senior network engineer for the cloud offering and will focus on delivering capabilities within OpenStack Neutron (security groups, Load Balancing-as-a-Service, IPAM integration).
This person may interface with senior management regularly and executives consistently. This senior engineer will define systems software and/or hardware requirements and determines system specifications and/or customizations specific to the infrastructure and software enablement specific to cloud infrastructure. Provides leadership to technical writers to develop new documentation, departmental procedures and user support guides. Consults with management, customers and staff and recommends process and procedure improvements. Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan. Individual must have strong network engineering experience working in a complex business environment. The individual should also be able to architect solutions for integrating disparate systems and implementing custom business processes. He/she must have a strong understanding of foundational networking services including DNS and network device security.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7 + years of Networking experience
- 7+ years of Linux experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Cloud computing experience
- OpenStack experience
- Knowledge and understanding of technical experience including: IP routing, switching, load balancing, fire wall, and advanced network automation techniques/solutions
- TCP/ IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) experience
- Knowledge and understanding of technology testing: test plan and test case requirements documentation
- Web Services experience
- 3+ years of experience with one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Perl, or KornShell (KSH)
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Ability to provide and work from a home office
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.